Awaken the body and prepare for a workout with this energizing yoga warm up flow.
Repeat this sequence for 3 rounds, give yourself time to ease into the asanas and with each exhale, move deeper into the poses.
9-Minute Yoga Warm Up Flow
Description: Repeat this flow 3 times and breathe deeply and fully.
9-Minute Yoga Warm Up Flow Instructions
1. Mountain pose: Stand up tall with your feet together and distribute your weight equally between both feet. Keep your spine long, your body soft and bring your palms together in front of the heart. Stay in mountain pose for five breaths.
2. Upward salute pose: Inhale, turn your palms out, and bring your arms up and overhead. Expand the chest, look up and maintain your neck and head relaxed. Bring your palms together, lengthen the spine and stretch your shoulders and belly.
3. Standing forward bend pose: Exhale slowly as you bend from the hip joints, draw your belly slightly in and lengthen your torso.
4. Standing half forward bend pose: Inhale as you lift your chin and your chest, and look forward. Press your hands into your shins and straighten the spine.
5. Plank pose: Exhale, place the palms of your hands on the floor and step back. Straighten your legs and keep the shoulders directly over your hands.
From the Shop
6. Upward facing dog pose: Inhale, straighten your arms, lift your torso up, press the top of your feet into the floor and lift your thighs.
7.Downward facing dog pose: Extend your arms and legs, lift your hips up and back, and exhale. Stay in downward dog for five breaths.
8. Standing half forward bend pose: Inhale as you step your feet forward, press your hands into your shins and straighten the spine.
9. Standing forward bend pose: Exhale as you fold completely at the waist.
10. Upward salute pose: Inhale, lengthen the spine, and bring your arms up and overhead.
Yoga Sequence Video
Yoga Sequence Interval Timer
The secret to burning calories and ultimately losing weight is to maximize the efficiency of your energy systems. This 20-Minute Metabolism …
Work your legs and booty from all angles with this 29-minute bodyweight workout. A lower body and cardio routine that will help you sculpt long and lean muscles and burn off body fat …