Awaken the body and prepare for a workout with this yoga warm up flow. Repeat this flow for 5 rounds, give yourself time to ease into the asanas and, with each exhale, move deeper into the poses.
WARM UP ESSENTIAL FLOW
Repeat this warm up flow 5 times.
1. Mountain pose: Stand up tall with your feet together and distribute your weight equally between both feet. Keep your spine long, your body soft and bring your palms together in front of the heart. Stay in mountain pose for five breaths.
2. Upward salute pose: Inhale, turn your palms out, and bring your arms up and overhead. Expand the chest, look up and maintain your neck and head relaxed. Bring your palms together, lengthen the spine and stretch your shoulders and belly.
3. Standing forward bend pose: Exhale slowly as you bend from the hip joints, draw your belly slightly in and lengthen your torso.
4. Standing half forward bend pose: Inhale as you lift your chin and your chest, and look forward. Press your hands into your shins and straighten the spine.
5. Low plank pose: Exhale, bend your knees, step back and bend your elbows until your arms form a 90-degree angle.
6. Upward facing dog pose: Inhale, straighten your arms, lift your torso up, press the top of your feet into the floor and lift your thighs.
7.Downward facing dog pose: Extend your arms and legs, lift your hips up and back, and exhale. Stay in downward dog for five breaths.
8. Standing half forward bend pose: Inhale as you step your feet forward, press your hands into your shins and straighten the spine.
9. Standing forward bend pose: Exhale as you fold completely at the waist.
10. Upward salute pose: Inhale, lengthen the spine, and bring your arms up and overhead.