Do you need a quick boost of happiness? If so, hop on the mat and follow this 20-minute yoga essential flow. Forget your troubles, boost your energy and create a lighter, happier you!
HAPPINESS BOOSTING YOGA ESSENTIAL FLOW
Repeat this sequence 2 times (once on each side).
1. Child’s pose: 30 seconds. Sit on your heels, lay your torso down and stretch your arms in front of you.
2. Cat pose: 30 seconds. Get down on your hands and knees, and exhale as you round your spine toward the ceiling.
3. Cow pose: 30 seconds. Inhale as you curve your belly down toward the floor and feel the stretch in your chest and neck.
4. Downward facing dog pose: 30 seconds. Extend your arms and legs, lift your hips up and back, and exhale.
5. Standing forward bend pose: 30 seconds. Walk your feet forward, and exhale as you draw your belly slightly in and lengthen your torso.
6. Warrior II pose: 30 seconds. Lift your torso, step your feet wide apart and rotate your left foot out, to a 90-degree angle. Bend your left knee, rotate your head to the left, bring the arms up to shoulder height, and keep them parallel to the floor.
7. Half moon pose: 30 seconds. Straighten the left leg and exhale as you bring your left hand to the floor. Lift your right leg up, reach the right arm toward the ceiling, and gaze at your right thumb.
8. Warrior I pose: 30 seconds. Lower your right leg back to the floor and bend your left knee. Turn your torso to the left and bring the arms up and overhead, with the palms facing inward.
9. Revolved side angle pose: 30 seconds. Rotate your torso to the left and exhale as you place your right hand on the outside of your left foot. Extend your left arm over the top of your head, pointing your fingertips in the same direction as the front toes, and gaze up toward the ceiling.
10. Plank pose: 30 seconds. Exhale as you place both hands on the floor and step your legs back.
11. Cobra pose: 30 seconds. Lie on your belly and, as you inhale, straighten your arms and lift your chest off the floor.
12. Camel pose: 30 seconds. Kneel on the floor with your legs hip-width apart. Tighten your core, lift your rib cage, lean back and reach your hands toward the heels. Drop your head gently back and gaze at the tip of your nose.
13. Bridge pose: 30 seconds. Lie on your back, place your feet flat on the floor, inhale and lift your hips and chest up.
14. Reclining bound angle pose: 60 seconds. Lower your hips and chest, and let your thighs fall open. Press the soles of your feet together and keep the knees relaxed.
15. Cow face pose: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Sit up, cross your right leg over the left, bring your right arm up toward the ceiling, bend the elbow and rest your right palm on the upper back. Bring your left arm out to the side, bend the elbow, move your left hand behind your back toward the right hand, and reach to grasp the fingers. Hold the pose for 30 seconds, switch sides and repeat.
16. Seated forward bend pose: 30 seconds. Extend your legs to the front and exhale as you bend at the hips and slowly lower your torso.
REJUVENATE & REAP THE BENEFITS
Unwind for 2 minutes with a restorative pose like Savasana. Lie on your back and extend your arms and legs, letting them drop open. Close your eyes, allow your feet to rotate to the sides and keep your palms facing up.Create a lighter & happier YOU with this 20-minute yoga essential flow!
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.