Boost digestion, relieve constipation and de-bloat with this 20-minute yoga essential flow. Pair these 17 yoga poses with deep breathing to massage the abdominal organs, increase circulation and get things moving!
EASE DIGESTION YOGA ESSENTIAL FLOW
Repeat this sequence 2 times (once on each side).
1. Child’s pose: 30 seconds. Sit on your heels, lay your torso down and stretch your arms in front of you.
2. Cat pose: 30 seconds. Get on your hands and knees and exhale as you round your spine toward the ceiling.
3. Cow pose: 30 seconds. Inhale as you curve your belly down toward the floor and feel the stretch in your chest and neck.
4. Downward facing dog pose: 30 seconds. Extend your arms and legs and lift your hips up and back. Breathe deeply, open your shoulders and push your heels down.
5. Standing forward bend pose: 30 seconds. Exhale as you walk your hands back, draw your belly in and lengthen your torso.
6. Warrior II pose: 30 seconds. Lift your torso and rotate your left foot out, to a 90-degree angle. Bend your left knee, rotate your head to the left, bring the arms up to shoulder height, keeping them parallel to the floor.
7. Extended triangle pose: 30 seconds. Straighten your left leg and exhale as you bring your left hand to the floor, on the inside or outside of the left foot. Reach the right arm toward the ceiling, and gaze at your right thumb.
8. Half moon pose: 30 seconds. Lift your right leg slightly above parallel to the floor and keep your right shoulder directly above the left.
9. Revolved triangle pose: 30 seconds. Bring your right leg to the floor and exhale as you rotate your torso to the left and bring your right hand to the floor on the inside of the left foot. Reach the left arm toward the ceiling, and gaze at your left thumb.
10. Wind release pose: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Lay on your back and inhale as you lift one leg and bend the knee. Exhale as you pull the knee toward your chest and press your thigh into your belly. Hold the pose for 30 seconds, exhale as you release, and then repeat with the opposite leg.
11. Supine spinal twist pose: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Bend both knees, rotate your hips to the left, extend your left leg, and cross the right knee over to the left side. Extend your right arm out to the side and rest your left hand on your right knee. Turn your head to the right and hold the pose for 30 seconds. Exhale as you release the pose, and then repeat on the opposite side.
12. Bound angle pose: 30 seconds. Sit up, bend your knees, press the soles of your feet together and drop your knees out to the sides.
13. Half lord of the fishes: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Cross your right leg over the left, placing the sole of your right foot on the outside of your left thigh. Rest your right hand on the floor, twist your upper body to the right and pull your right knee toward the chest. Stay in half lord of the fishes for 30 seconds and then repeat on the opposite side.
14. Bridge pose: 30 seconds. Lie on your back, place your feet flat on the floor, inhale and lift your hips and chest up.
15. Boat pose: 30 seconds. Sit on the mat with your legs fully extended and lean your torso back. Raise both legs to a 45-degree angle and reach your arms to the front, keeping them parallel to the floor.
16. Camel pose: 30 seconds. Kneel on the floor with your legs hip-width apart. Tighten your core, lift your rib cage, lean back and reach your hands toward the heels. Drop your head gently back and gaze at the tip of your nose.
17. Extended puppy pose: 30 seconds. Walk your hands forward, pull your hips back toward the heels, lengthen the spine and rest your forehead on the mat.