Cleanse your body and regain energy, naturally, with this yoga essential flow. Feel better after a night of partying or an indulgent vacation, detoxify your digestive system and get back on track!
DETOXIFY & CLEANSE YOGA ESSENTIAL FLOW
Repeat this flow 2 to 3 times.
1. Child’s pose: 5 breaths. Sit on your heels, lay your torso down and stretch your arms in front of you.
2. Cat pose: Get on your hands and knees and exhale as you round your spine toward the ceiling.
3. Cow pose: Inhale as you curve your belly down toward the floor and feel the stretch in your chest and neck.
4. Plank pose: 3 breaths. Step both legs back, engage your core and keep your body in a straight line.
5. Low plank pose: Exhale as you shift your weight forward, and bend your elbows until your arms form a 90-degree angle.
6. Upward facing dog pose: Inhale, straighten your arms, lift your torso up, press the top of your feet into the floor and lift your thighs.
7. Downward facing dog pose: 3 breaths. Extend your arms and legs and lift your hips up and back. Breathe deeply, open your shoulders and push your heels down.
8. Standing forward bend pose: Exhale as you walk your hands back, draw your belly in and lengthen your torso.
9. Upward salute pose: Inhale as you lift your torso, and bring your arms up and overhead. Expand the chest, look up and maintain your neck and head relaxed. Bring your palms together, lengthen the spine and stretch your shoulders and belly.
10. Standing forward bend pose: Exhale slowly as you bend from the hip joints, draw your belly slightly in and lengthen your torso.
11. Standing half forward bend pose: Inhale, lift your chin and your chest, and look forward. Press your hands into your shins and straighten the spine.
12. Extended puppy pose: 5 breaths. Get down on your knees, walk your hands forward, pull your hips back toward the heels, lengthen the spine and rest your forehead on the mat.
13. Boat pose: 3 breaths. Sit on the mat with your legs fully extended, and lean your torso back. Raise both legs to a 45-degree angle and reach your arms to the front, keeping them parallel to the floor.
14. Bridge pose: 3 breaths. Lie on your back, place your feet flat on the floor, inhale and lift your hips and chest up.
15. Supine spinal twist pose: 3 breaths + 3 breaths. Bend both knees, rotate your hips to the left, extend your left leg, and cross the right knee over to the left side. Extend your right arm out to the side and rest your left hand on your right knee. Turn your head to the right and hold the pose for 3 breaths. Exhale as you release the pose, and then repeat on the opposite side.
16. Knees to chest pose: 3 breaths. Pull both knees up toward your chest.
17. Shoulderstand pose: 3 breaths. Lift your legs, buttocks and back all at once, come up high on your shoulders, and support your back with your hands.