Try this 9-minute yoga flow every time your distended belly is causing you discomfort. Pair this sequence with soothing music and deep breathing to fully massage your internal organs, reduce pain and de-bloat!
DE-BLOATING YOGA ESSENTIAL FLOW
1. Mountain pose: 30 seconds. Stand up tall with your feet together and distribute your weight equally between both feet. Keep your spine long, your body soft and bring your palms together in front of the heart.
2. Chair pose: 30 seconds. Inhale, bring your arms up with the palms facing each other and, as you exhale, bend your knees and sit back.
3. Standing forward bend pose: 30 seconds. Exhale slowly as you bend from the hip joints, draw your belly slightly in and lengthen your torso.
4. Downward facing dog pose: 30 seconds. Walk your hands to the front, lift your hips up and back, and push your heels down.
5. Cobra pose: 30 seconds. Lie on your belly with your hands under your shoulders and, as you inhale, straighten your arms and lift your chest off the floor.
6. Bow pose: 30 seconds. Bend your knees, grab the ankles and inhale as you lift your hips and chest off the floor. As you exhale, lift your gaze and kick your feet up.
7. Bound angle pose: 30 seconds. Sit on the mat, bend your knees, press the soles of your feet together and drop your knees out to the sides.
8. Wide legged forward bend: 30 seconds. Go into mountain pose and step your feet wide apart. Bend forward at the hips, place your palms on the floor, bend your elbows and lower your head and torso.
9. Warrior II pose: 30 seconds. Lift your torso and rotate your left foot out, to a 90-degree angle. Bend your left knee, rotate your head to the left, bring the arms up to shoulder height, and keep them parallel to the floor.
10. Revolved triangle pose: 30 seconds. Straighten your left leg and exhale as you bring your right hand to the floor on the inside of your left foot, reach the left arm toward the ceiling, and gaze at your left thumb.
11. Warrior II pose: 30 seconds. Lift your torso and reverse sides, rotating your right foot out. Bend your right knee, rotate your head to the right and bring the arms up to shoulder height.
12. Revolved triangle pose: 30 seconds. Straighten your right leg and exhale as you bring your left hand to the floor and reach the right arm toward the ceiling.
13. Half lord of the fishes: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Go into bound angle pose and cross your right leg over the left, placing the sole of your right foot on the outside of your left thigh. Rest your right hand on the floor, twist your upper body to the right and pull your right knee toward the chest. Stay in half lord of the fishes for 30 seconds and then repeat on the opposite side.
14. Knees to chest pose: 30 seconds. Lie on your back and pull both knees up toward your chest.
15. Cat pose: 30 seconds. Get down on your hands and knees, and exhale as you round your spine toward the ceiling.
16. Cow pose: 30 seconds. Inhale as you curve your belly down toward the floor and feel the stretch in your chest and neck.
17. Extended puppy pose: 30 seconds. Walk your hands forward, pull your hips back toward the heels, lengthen the spine and rest your forehead on the mat.