If you’re new to yoga and want to start the day with an invigorating sequence, try this 15-minute beginners salutation flow. Move slowly through the poses and synchronize the breath with each posture to energize your body and mind!
BEGINNERS SALUTATION YOGA ESSENTIAL FLOW
Repeat this flow 4 times.
1. Mountain pose: Stand up tall with your feet together and distribute your weight equally between both feet. Keep your spine long, your body soft and bring your palms together in front of the heart. Stay in mountain pose for three breaths.
2. Upward salute pose: Inhale, turn your palms out, and bring your arms up and overhead. Expand the chest, look up and maintain your neck and head relaxed. Bring your palms together, lengthen the spine and stretch your shoulders and belly.
3. Standing forward bend pose: Exhale slowly as you bend from the hip joints, draw your belly slightly in and lengthen your torso.
4. Standing half forward bend pose: Inhale as you lift your chin and your chest, and look forward. Press your hands into your shins and straighten the spine.
5. Plank pose: Place your hands on the floor, step both legs back and stay in plank pose for three breaths.
6. Knees chest chin pose: Exhale as you lower your knees to the floor. Bring your chin and chest down to the mat and lift your tailbone up toward the ceiling.
7. Cobra pose: Inhale, straighten your arms and legs, and lift your chest off the floor.
8. Downward facing dog pose: Extend your arms and legs, lift your hips up and back, and exhale. Stay in downward dog for three breaths.
9. Standing half forward bend pose: Inhale as you step your legs forward, press your hands into your shins and straighten the spine.
10. Standing forward bend pose: Exhale as you fold completely at the waist.
11. Upward salute pose: Inhale, lengthen the spine, and bring your arms up and overhead.