Practicing yoga and meditation regularly reduces stress and anxiety levels. By transferring our focus and attention to our body and our breath, we can successfully alleviate the side effects and symptoms of stress and anxiety.
The following yoga sequence is primarily designed for beginners and these poses help calm the mind, relax the body and release tension. Remember that yoga is a practice and not a competition, listen to your body and don’t push further than what feels right.
Anxiety & Stress Relief Yoga Flow
Description: Repeat this flow 3 times and unwind for 10 minutes at the end.
Anxiety & Stress Relief Yoga Flow Instructions
1. Easy pose: 2 minutes. Stay in easy pose for 2 minutes, close your eyes and focus on your breathing. Take deep and slow breaths, clear your mind and let go of all stress and tension.
2. Child’s pose: 60 seconds. Relax your spine, neck, and shoulders and feel the stretch in your hips and lower back.
3. Cat pose: 30 seconds. Get on your hands and knees and exhale as you round your spine toward the ceiling.
4. Cow pose: 30 seconds. Inhale as you curve your belly down toward the floor and feel the stretch in your chest and neck.
5. Downward facing dog pose: 60 seconds. Extend your arms and legs and lift your hips up and back. Breathe deeply, open your shoulders and push your heels down.
From the Shop
6. Standing forward bend pose: 60 seconds. Exhale as you walk your hands back, draw your belly in and lengthen your torso.
7. Reclining bound angle pose: 60 seconds. Lie down on the mat, bend your knees and let your thighs fall open. Press the soles of your feet together and keep your knees relaxed.
8. Bridge pose: 30 seconds. Place your feet flat on the floor, inhale and lift your hips and chest up.
9. Cobra pose: 30 seconds. Lie on your belly and place your hands under your shoulders. Inhale, straighten your arms and lift your chest off the floor.
10. Legs up the wall: 5 minutes. Lie on your back and extend your legs up the wall.
11. Corpse pose: 5 minutes. Extend your arms and legs, letting them drop open and allow your body to receive the full benefits of this yoga flow.
Yoga Sequence Video
Yoga Sequence Interval Timer
Move quickly from one exercise to the next while performing this 15-Minute Abs & Obliques Superset. Supersets help you finish your …
Practicing yoga and meditation regularly reduces stress and anxiety levels. By transferring our focus and attention to our body and our breath …