This 19-Minute Lungs & Breathing Yoga Flow includes poses that stimulate the lungs and that, when combined with deep breathing, can be used to improve lung health.
Our respiratory system supplies oxygen to every cell in the body, that’s why it’s so important to breathe correctly and to keep our lungs and respiratory system healthy.
19-Minute Lungs & Breathing Yoga Flow
Description: Repeat this flow 2 times and breathe deeply and fully.
WARM UP & COOL DOWN
19-Minute Lungs & Breathing Yoga Flow Instructions
1. Extended puppy pose: 60 seconds. Start on all fours with your shoulders over your wrists and your hips over your knees. Walk your hands forward, pull your hips back toward the heels, and lengthen the spine. Rest your forehead on the mat and relax for 60 seconds.
2. Cat pose: 15 seconds + 15 seconds + 15 seconds. Get on your hands and knees, and exhale as you round your spine toward the ceiling.
3. Cow pose: 15 seconds + 15 seconds + 15 seconds. Inhale as you curve your belly down toward the floor and feel the stretch in your chest and neck.
4. Upward facing dog pose: 45 seconds. Lie on your stomach with your palms beside your waist and your legs stretched back. Inhale, straighten your arms, lift your torso up, press the top of your feet into the floor and lift your thighs.
5. Downward facing dog pose: 45 seconds. Press the soles of your feet onto the mat, extend your arms and legs, and lift your hips up and back.
6. Warrior I pose: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Stand up and step back with your left foot. Rotate your back toes out, bend your right knee, and bring the arms up and overhead.
From the Shop
7. Warrior III pose: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Transfer your weight to the right leg and lift your arms over your head. Raise your left leg back, and bend at the hips until your upper body is parallel to the floor and in line with your left leg.
8. Extended hand to big toe pose: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Stand up, maintain your weight on the right foot and bring your left knee up. Reach your left arm inside the thigh, cross it behind the ankle, and hold the outside of your left foot. Extend the leg forward and then slowly rotate it out to the side. Hold for 30 seconds and then repeat the warrior I – extended hand to big toe flow on the opposite side.
9. Gate pose: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Kneel on the floor and extend your right leg out to the side. Lean your torso to the right and place your right hand on the shin. Extend your left arm over the top of your head and gaze up toward the ceiling. Stay in gate pose for 30 seconds and then repeat on the opposite side.
10. Bridge pose: 45 seconds. Lie on your back, bend both knees and place your feet flat on the floor. Clasp the hands below your pelvis, press the feet, shoulders, and arms into the floor and lift the hips and the chest up.
11. Wheel pose: 45 seconds. Lie on your back, bend your elbows and position the palms of your hands on the floor beside your head. Press the feet and hands into the floor and, as you exhale, lift your hips up and straighten the arms.