Restore your energy levels, improve muscle tone, and feel uplifted with this 17-Minute Lower Body Yoga Flow.
This strengthening yoga sequence is a simple, go-to routine for greater flexibility, strength, and is appropriate for all levels of yogis!
17-Minute Lower Body Yoga Flow
Description: Repeat this flow 2 times and breathe deeply and fully.
WARM UP & COOL DOWN
17-Minute Lower Body Yoga Flow Instructions
1. Mountain pose: 60 seconds. Stand up tall with your feet together, your spine long and your body soft. Bring your palms together in front of the heart.
2. Standing half forward bend pose: 45 seconds. Bend forward, press your hands into your shins, lift your chest and look forward.
3. Chair pose: 30 seconds. Lift your torso, bring your arms up and, as you exhale, bend your knees and sit back.
4. Warrior II pose: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Stand up, step to the side with your left foot and rotate it out. Bend your left knee, rotate your head to the left and bring the arms up to shoulder height. Hold the pose for 30 seconds, reverse the feet, and repeat.
5. Warrior I pose: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Go back to mountain pose, step back with your left foot and rotate your back toes. Bend your right knee and bring the arms up and overhead with the palms facing inward. Hold the pose for 30 seconds and then repeat on the opposite side.
From the Shop
6. Lord of the dance pose: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Go back to mountain pose, transfer your weight to the left leg, bend your right knee and reach back with your right hand. Grasp your foot, and raise the left hand up toward the ceiling. Hold the pose for 30 seconds, return to mountain pose, and then repeat on the opposite side.
7. Wide angle seated forward bend pose: 45 seconds. Sit on the floor and open your legs as wide as it feels comfortable. Walk your hands forward as far as you can and lengthen the spine.
8. High lunge pose: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Stand up, step your left leg straight back, bend your right knee and lay your torso on your right thigh. Hold for 30 seconds, then repeat on the opposite side.
9. Garland pose: 45 seconds. Stand up with your feet a little wider than hip-width apart and squat. Open your thighs, lean your torso forward and press your elbows against the knees. Bring your palms together and hold for 45 seconds.
10. Frog pose: 45 seconds. Start in child’s pose, walk your knees out to the sides, as wide apart as it feels comfortable, and place your forearms on the mat. Flex your feet and rest the inside edges on the mat.