Stay lean and fit this holiday season with this whole body fat burning circuit. A complete full body workout routine that’s sure to keep those holiday pounds at bay!
WHOLE BODY FAT BURNING CIRCUIT
WHOLE BODY FAT BURNING CIRCUIT INSTRUCTIONS
Start this fat burning circuit with a full body warm up routine.
Repeat this circuit 3 times and rest for 60 seconds between sets.
1. Scissor skier: 60 seconds. Jump up, bring your right leg forward, your left leg back, and reach your left arm up and your right arm back. Jump again and switch your legs and arms positions.
2. Dumbbell punches: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Stand with your feet hip-width apart, take a step forward, keep your back foot at a 45-degree angle and position your body partially sideways. Bring your arms up, push one arm out in a punching motion and then return to the starting position. Repeat for 30 seconds and then switch sides.
3. Fingertip to toe jacks: 45 seconds. Stand up straight, bend your right leg and lift your foot as high as you can. Slightly rotate your torso to the right and try touching your right foot with your left hand. Repeat on the opposite side and keep alternating sides for 45 seconds.
4. Knee to elbow kickback: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Start in a low plank position, bring your right knee close to your right elbow and crunch. Extend your right leg behind you and kick back. Repeat for 30 seconds and then switch sides.
5. Diamond kicks: 60 seconds. Lie on your back with your arms by your sides, raise the legs toward the ceiling, bend the knees and bring the soles of your feet together (like a frog). Extend the legs out to the sides as far as possible, and then squeeze the inner thighs to bring them together. Return to the frog position and repeat.
6. Alternate heel touchers: 45 seconds. Lie on your back with your knees bent, your arms at the sides, and keep your back and feet flat on the mat. Crunch forward and to the left, touching your left heel with your left hand and hold. Return slowly to the starting position and repeat on the right side.
7. Split squat press: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Start in a split leg position, with one leg forward and one leg back and hold a dumbbell in each hand. Flex your knees, until the back knee is just above the floor and position the dumbbells at your shoulders, with your palms facing forward and your elbows under your wrists. Stand back up, push the dumbbells up and fully extend your arms. Repeat for 30 seconds and then switch legs.
8. Dumbbell pullover: 60 seconds. Lie down on a mat with your knees bent and hold a dumbbell with both hands. Press your arms up and then lower the dumbbells over and beyond your head. Pull the dumbbells up and over your chest and repeat.
9. Cobra lat pulldown: 45 seconds. Lie on your stomach with your legs and your arms fully extended. Raise your upper body, bend your arms and bring your shoulder blades together. Lower your upper body and extend your arms. Repeat for 45 seconds.
10. Plank rotation: 45 seconds. Get into a plank position, with your hands under your shoulders, your feet a little wider than hip-width apart, and hold a dumbbell in each hand. Twist your torso and lift your left hand toward the ceiling. Bring your left hand back to the initial position and repeat on the right side.
Finish this workout with a 5 minute cool down routine and relax.
Enter your weight to find out how many calories you can burn doing this fat burning circuit: