Look your best and get your arms, shoulders, back, and chest in tip-top shape with this 30-minute upper body workout. This strength training routine is perfect to help women get a slim, sexy, and toned upper body.
30-Minute Upper Body Workout For Women
Description: Repeat this circuit 3 times and rest for 60 seconds between sets.
WARM UP & COOL DOWN
30-Minute Upper Body Workout For Women Instructions
1. Balance chop: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Stand straight with your feet wide and hold a dumbbell with both hands. Rotate your torso to the right and raise the dumbbell above your head. Lift your left knee as you rotate your torso to the left, and bring the dumbbell diagonally across the body until it’s close to your left hip. Repeat for 30 seconds and then switch sides.
2. Lying triceps extension: 60 seconds. Lie on your back, extend your arms and position the dumbbells directly above your shoulders. Bend your elbows and bring the dumbbells down, until they’re close to your ears.
3. Dumbbell skier swing: 45 seconds. Start with your feet hip-width apart, push your hips back and swing the dumbbells behind you. Explosively thrust your hips forward and swing the dumbbells to the front.
4. Cross chest curl: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Roll your shoulders back, squeeze the left biceps, and bring the dumbbell across your body and toward your right shoulder. Repeat for 30 seconds and then switch sides.
5. Shoulder to shoulder press: 60 seconds. Hold one dumbbell with both hands in front of your right shoulder. Extend your arms and push the dumbbell up and over your head. Bend your elbows and slowly lower the weight to your left shoulder.
From the Shop
6. Around the worlds: 45 seconds. Lie on your back with your arms by your sides and the palms facing the ceiling. Pull your arms away from the body in a semi-circular movement, and bring the dumbbells over your head.
7. Side lunge front raise: 45 seconds. Stand with your feet hip-width apart, step out to the side with one leg and lift the dumbbells until your arms are parallel to the floor. Return to the starting position and repeat on the opposite side.
8. Dumbbell side swings: 60 seconds. Stand straight and hold the dumbbells in front of your thighs. Pull the left dumbbell toward the chest and raise the right dumbbell out to the side. Lower the dumbbells, reverse the arms and repeat.
9. Core control rear lunge: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Start with your feet together, hold a dumbbell in your right hand and extend your left arm out to the side. Step back with your left leg and lunge, extend your right arm up and rotate your palm forward. As you stand up, bend your left leg, lift your knee as high as you can, bring your right elbow to your left knee, and rotate your palm so that it faces your body. Repeat for 30 seconds and then switch sides.
10. Pike push ups: 45 seconds. Get down on your hands and feet, with your hands shoulder-width apart, your legs straight and your hips up. Bend your elbows, until your arms form a 90-degree angle, and bring your head close to the mat. Straighten your elbows, pushing your body away from the mat, and return to the starting position.