Need a quick warm up to jump start your workout routine? Try this set of upper body warm up exercises to boost your metabolism, improve your flexibility and prevent injuries.
UPPER BODY WARM UP EXERCISES
UPPER BODY WARM UP INSTRUCTIONS
1. Jump rope: 90 seconds. Keep your knees slightly bent and jump with both feet at the same time, one foot at a time, or alternate between feet.
2. Cross jacks: 60 seconds. Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart, your arms up and extended out to the sides, and jump up, while crossing your legs and arms in front of you.
3. Mountain climbers: 60 seconds. Get down into a plank position, bring one knee up toward the center of your stomach and then quickly alternate between legs.
4. Speed bag punches: 60 seconds. Stand up, raise your elbows up to shoulder level, shift your weight to the right leg and rotate your right forearm twice. Switch sides and repeat.
5. Basketball shots: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Bend your knees, press your hips back, and take both hands close to your right foot. Jump up and extend your arms above your head and to the left. Repeat for 30 seconds and then switch sides.
6. Half squat jab cross: 60 seconds. Start with your feet shoulder-width apart, knees slightly bent, hips low and back, and your arms up. Push one arm out in a punching motion and then quickly switch between arms.
7. Skaters: 60 seconds. Jump to the right, bring your left foot behind you and bring your left arm in front of you. Jump to the left and bring your right arm in front of you and your right foot behind you. Repeat this back and forth movement for 60 seconds.
8. Arms cross side lunge: 60 seconds. Lunge to the side and, as you stand up, cross your arms in front of your chest.
9. Big arm circles: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Stand with your feet shoulder width apart and rotate your arms forward, making big circles. Repeat for 30 seconds and then rotate backwards.
10. Wrist circles: 30 seconds. Clasp your hands together, by locking your fingers loosely, and rotate your wrists for 30 seconds.
WORKOUT AND STATIC STRETCHES
Enter your weight to find out how many calories you can burn doing this set of upper body warm up exercises: