Stretch your neck, arms, shoulders, chest, and back with the help of this upper body stretching routine. A set of 7 static stretches to relax the muscles and improve joint range of motion.
Upper Body Stretching Routine
Description: Repeat this circuit 1 time.
Equipment: no equipment
Upper Body Stretching Routine Instructions
1. Neck stretch: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Tilt your head toward one shoulder until you feel the stretch in your neck and hold.
2. Shoulder stretch: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Grasp one elbow and gently pull the arm toward the chest. Breathe slowly and exhale as you deepen the stretch.
3. Triceps stretch: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. To prevent soreness and tightening of the muscles, always stretch your triceps after any workout that includes pushing or pressing movements.
4. Biceps stretch: 30 seconds. Clasp your hands behind your back, rotate your hands and raise your arms until you feel the stretch in your biceps and chest.
From the Shop
5. Wrist stretch: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Keep your elbow straight and bend one wrist with the help of the opposite hand until you feel a mild to moderate stretch in your forearm.
6. Chest stretch: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Place your right palm on a wall and then slowly rotate your body to the left. Deepen the stretch as you exhale and then switch sides.
7. Upper back stretch: 30 seconds. Clasp your hands together with the thumbs pointing down, round your shoulders, and reach forward.