Stretch your neck, arms, shoulders, chest and back with these upper body stretching exercises. A set of static stretches to relax the muscles and improve joint range of motion.
UPPER BODY STRETCHING EXERCISES
UPPER BODY STRETCHING INSTRUCTIONS
WARM UP AND WORKOUT
1. Neck stretch: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Tilt your head toward one shoulder until you feel the stretch in your neck and hold.
2. Shoulder stretch: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Grasp one elbow and gently pull the arm toward the chest. Breathe slowly and exhale as you deepen the stretch.
3. Triceps stretch: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. To prevent soreness and tightening of the muscles, always stretch your triceps after any workout that includes pushing or pressing movements.
4. Biceps stretch: 30 seconds. Clasp your hands behind your back, rotate your hands and raise your arms until you feel the stretch in your biceps and chest.
5. Wrist stretch: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Keep your elbow straight and bend one wrist with the help of the opposite hand until you feel a mild to moderate stretch in your forearm.
6. Chest stretch: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Place your right palm on a wall and then slowly rotate your body to the left. Deepen the stretch as you exhale and then switch sides.
7. Upper back stretch: 30 seconds. Clasp your hands together, with the thumbs pointing down, round your shoulders and reach forward.
Enter your weight to find out how many calories you can burn doing these upper body stretching exercises: