Try this quick warm up routine next time you want to prepare for an upper body workout. A 10 minute set of dynamic exercises to help improve your flexibility, boost your metabolism, and prevent injury.
10-Minute Upper Body Dynamic Exercises
Description: Repeat this circuit 1 time.
Equipment: jump rope
10-Minute Upper Body Dynamic Exercises Instructions
1. Jump rope: 90 seconds. Keep your knees slightly bent and jump with both feet at the same time, one foot at a time or alternate between feet.
2. Run in place: 60 seconds. Start pulling your knees up, and slowly land on the balls of your feet.
3. Butt kicks: 60 seconds. Kick your feet up, until the heels touch the glutes, and pump your arms at the same time.
4. Mountain climbers: 30 seconds. Maintain a plank position during the entire exercise, keeping your core engaged and your hips low.
5. Speed bag punches: 60 seconds. Raise your elbows up to shoulder level, shift your weight to the right leg and rotate your right forearm twice. Switch sides and repeat.
From the Shop
6. Standing side crunch: 60 seconds. Shift your weight to the right leg, crunch to the left side and bring your left knee up toward your elbow. Switch legs and repeat.
7. Boxer squat punch: 60 seconds. Squat and, as you stand up, shift your weight to one leg and punch with the opposite arm. Squat and repeat the movement on the other side.
8. Reverse lunge twist: 60 seconds. Take a step back with your right leg, bend both knees and rotate your torso to the left. Return to the starting position and repeat the movement with the opposite leg.
9. Big arm circles: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Stand up straight with your feet shoulder-width apart. Rotate your arms forward making big circles and then switch, rotating backward.
10. Arm swings: 60 seconds. Cross your arms at the front and then quickly bring them back as far as you can.
Workout Routine Interval Timer
Calorie CalculatorEnter your weight to find out how many calories you can burn doing this set of dynamic exercises:
The secret to burning calories and ultimately losing weight is to maximize the efficiency of your energy systems. This 20-Minute Metabolism …
Work your legs and booty from all angles with this 29-minute bodyweight workout. A lower body and cardio routine that will help you sculpt long and lean muscles and burn off body fat …