Slim down your arms and sculpt your shoulders with this upper body beginners workout for women. A mix of cardio and strength training moves to trim body fat and strengthen the muscles.
ARMS & SHOULDERS BEGINNERS WORKOUT
UPPER BODY WORKOUT FOR WOMEN INSTRUCTIONS
Start this arms and shoulders beginners workout with a 10 minute upper body warm up.
Repeat this circuit 3 times and rest for 60 seconds between sets.
1. Jump rope: 60 seconds. Jump on the balls of your feet and turn the rope only with your wrists.
2. Bicep curls: 30 seconds. Keep your upper arms stationary, maintain your elbows close to your body and breathe out as you lift the dumbbells.
3. Tricep extensions: 30 seconds. Raise your arms above your head and then lower the dumbbells by moving only your forearms.
4. Half squat jab cross: 45 seconds. Start with your feet shoulder-width apart, knees slightly bent, hips low and back, and your arms up. Push one arm out in a punching motion and then switch arms in a quick and smooth move.
5. Front raise: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Lift one weight at a time, keep your palms facing down and raise your arm to the front until it’s parallel to the floor.
6. Lateral raise: 30 seconds. Hold the weights and raise your arms out to the sides until your elbows are at shoulder height.
7. Inchworm: 45 seconds. Bend over, keep your legs straight and walk your hands out as far as you can. Walk back up to the starting position and repeat.
8. Split squat press: 20 seconds + 20 seconds. Combine split squats with the shoulder press movement to work your entire body and boost your metabolism.
9. Hammer curls: 30 seconds. Hold the dumbbells with your palms facing your hips, bend your elbows and lift the weights until they’re at shoulder level.
10. Lying tricep extensions: 30 seconds. Lie on your back and extend your arms in front of your shoulders. Keeping the upper arms stationary, bend your elbows until the dumbbells are near your ears.
11. Thrusters: 30 seconds. Hold the dumbbells in front of your shoulders, squat and extend your arms as you stand up.
12. Arm swings: 45 seconds. Cross your arms at the front and then quickly bring them back as far as you can.
Stretch, relax and unwind with a quick upper body stretching routine.
Enter your weight to find out how many calories you can burn doing this arms and shoulders beginners workout: