Slim down your arms and sculpt your shoulders with this upper body beginners workout for women! A mix of cardio and strength training moves to trim body fat and strengthen the muscles.
Upper Body & Cardio Beginners Workout
Description: Repeat this circuit 3 times and rest for 60 seconds between sets.
Equipment: jump rope, dumbbells
WARM UP & COOL DOWN
Upper Body & Cardio Beginners Workout Instructions
1. Jump rope: 60 seconds. Jump on the balls of your feet and turn the rope only with your wrists.
2. Bicep curls: 30 seconds. Keep your upper arms stationary, maintain your elbows close to your body and breathe out as you lift the dumbbells.
3. Tricep extensions: 30 seconds. Raise your arms above your head and then lower the dumbbells by moving only your forearms.
4. Half squat jab cross: 45 seconds. Start with your feet shoulder-width apart, knees slightly bent, hips low and back, and your arms up. Push one arm out in a punching motion and then switch arms in a quick and smooth move.
5. Front raise: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Lift one weight at a time, keep your palms facing down and raise your arm to the front until it’s parallel to the floor.
6. Lateral raise: 30 seconds. Hold the weights and raise your arms out to the sides until your elbows are at shoulder height.
From the Shop
7. Inchworm: 45 seconds. Bend over, keep your legs straight and walk your hands out as far as you can. Walk back up to the starting position and repeat.
9. Hammer curls: 30 seconds. Hold the dumbbells with your palms facing your hips, bend your elbows and lift the weights until they’re at shoulder level.
10. Lying tricep extensions: 30 seconds. Lie on your back and extend your arms in front of your shoulders. Keeping the upper arms stationary, bend your elbows until the dumbbells are near your ears.
11. Thrusters: 30 seconds. Hold the dumbbells in front of your shoulders, squat and extend your arms as you stand up.
12. Arm swings: 45 seconds. Cross your arms at the front and then quickly bring them back as far as you can.
Workout Routine Interval Timer
Calorie CalculatorEnter your weight to find out how many calories you can burn doing this arms and shoulders beginners workout:
Did you know that dormant or inactive glutes are probably the main reason why most people struggle to grow their booty? If this is …
Increase your stamina and endurance with this intense bodyweight fat burner routine for women. A 30-minute full body workout, perfect for burning a ton of …