Try this upper body bodyweight workout next time you’re on vacation and don’t have your go-to gear. Tone and sculpt your back, chest, shoulders, and arms without the need for any additional equipment.
UPPER BODY BODYWEIGHT WORKOUT
UPPER BODY WORKOUT INSTRUCTIONS
Start this upper body bodyweight workout with a thorough warm up routine.
Repeat this circuit 3 times and rest for 60 seconds between sets.
1. Cross jacks: 60 seconds. Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart, your arms up and extended out to the sides, and jump up, while crossing your legs and arms in front of you.
2. Mountain climbers: 60 seconds. Get down into a plank position, bring one knee up toward the center of your stomach, and then quickly alternate between legs.
3. Single leg tricep dips: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Sit on the mat with your knees bent, feet together, and place your hands behind you with your fingers facing forward. Lift your hips off the mat, raise your right leg and start bending your elbows. Repeat for 30 seconds and then switch legs.
4. Speed bag punches: 60 seconds. Stand up, raise your elbows up to shoulder level, shift your weight to the right leg and rotate your right forearm twice. Switch sides and repeat.
5. Up and down plank: 45 seconds. Start in a plank position, bend your left arm and place your left elbow on the mat, then bend your right arm and place your right elbow on the mat. Place your left hand on the mat and straighten your left arm, and then place your right hand on the mat and straighten your right arm. Switch sides and repeat for 45 seconds.
6. Glute bridge overhead reach: 45 seconds. Lie on your back, bend your knees and place your feet flat on the floor. Lift your hips, squeeze the glutes and reach one arm up and across the body. Try touching the floor just above the opposite shoulder. Return to the initial position and repeat on the opposite side.
7. Basketball shots: 60 seconds. Stand up, bend your knees, press your hips back, and take both hands close to your right foot. Jump up and extend your arms above your head and to the left. Switch sides and repeat.
8. Pike push up: 45 seconds. Get down on your hands and feet, with your hands shoulder-width apart, your legs straight and your hips up. Bend your elbows, until your arms form a 90-degree angle, and bring your head close to the mat. Straighten your elbows, pushing your body away from the mat, and return to the starting position.
9. Arm circles: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Stand straight with your feet shoulder-width apart. Raise and extend your arms to the sides and slowly rotate your arms forward for 30 seconds, making small circles. Rotate your arms backward for the remaining 30 seconds.
10. Burpees: 45 seconds. Squat and place your hands in front of your feet. Jump back until your legs are fully extended and your body is in plank position. Do a push up, jump forward and return to the initial position.
Finish this upper body workout with a quick stretching routine.
Enter your weight to find out how many calories you can burn doing this upper body bodyweight workout: