Sculpt your back, chest, shoulders, and arms and boost your weight loss with these 10 upper body bodyweight exercises for women. Try this on-the-go workout next time you’re traveling or on vacation.
UPPER BODY BODYWEIGHT EXERCISES FOR WOMEN
UPPER BODY NO-EQUIPMENT WORKOUT INSTRUCTIONS
Start this upper body bodyweight workout with a 10-minute warm up routine.
Repeat this circuit 3 times and rest for 60 seconds between sets.
1. Inchworm: 60 seconds. Keep your legs straight, walk your hands out as far as you can, and then walk back up to the starting position.
2. One arm tricep push up: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Lie on your right side, place your left palm on the mat and hug your waist with your right arm. Straighten your left arm and push your torso up. Bend your arm and lower your torso back to the mat. Repeat for 30 seconds and then switch sides.
3. Plank shoulder taps: 60 seconds. Start in a plank position, touch your left shoulder with your right hand and return to plank position. Touch your right shoulder with your left hand and continue alternating sides for 45 seconds.
4. Half squat jab cross: 60 seconds. Stand up with your feet shoulder-width apart, knees slightly bent, hips low and back, and your arms up. Push one arm out in a punching motion and then quickly switch between arms.
5. Ankle tap push ups: 45 seconds. Start in a push up position, bend your elbows and lower your chest until it’s just above the floor. As you push back to the starting position, lift your hips, and touch your ankle with the opposite hand.
6. Bear walk: 60 seconds. Start with your hands on the floor, hips up and your knees slightly bent. Walk your hand and the opposite foot forward, switch sides and keep walking for 45 seconds.
7. Touch and hop: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Stand on your right leg with your knee slightly bent. Start bending at the hips, extend your left leg behind you, and touch the floor with your left arm. Jump quickly and drive your left knee up. Repeat for 30 seconds and switch sides.
8. Hindu push ups: 45 seconds. Start with your hands on the floor, your hips up and your feet hip-width apart. Bend your elbows, lower your chest until it’s just above the floor, and then straighten your arms and lift your torso up. Return to the starting position and repeat.
9. Breakdancer kick: 45 seconds. Get on your hands and knees and lift your knees a few inches off the floor. Lift your left hand and your right foot, rotate your hips to the left, place your left heel on the floor, and kick your right leg to the left. Return to the starting position and repeat on the opposite side.
10. Spiderman push ups: 45 seconds. Place your hands under the shoulders and extend your legs back. Start bending your elbows and, at the same time, bring your left knee to the left shoulder. Push up and repeat on the right side.
Finish this upper body workout with a quick stretching routine.
Enter your weight to find out how many calories you can burn doing these upper body bodyweight exercises: