Strengthen your back and lift your chest with this upper body beginner workout for women. A set of 12 exercises to help sculpt your body and improve posture.
Upper Body Beginner Workout For Women
Description: Repeat this circuit 3 times and rest for 60 seconds between sets.
Equipment: jump rope, dumbbells
WARM UP & COOL DOWN
Upper Body Beginner Workout For Women Instructions
1. Jump rope: 60 seconds. Jump on the balls of your feet and turn the rope only with your wrists.
2. Chest press: 30 seconds. Lie down, hold a dumbbell in each hand and keep your palms facing your feet. Raise the dumbbells up, directly above your shoulders, and breathe out.
3. Chest fly: 30 seconds. Start with your arms up and your palms facing each other. Lower your arms out to the sides and keep your elbows slightly bent.
4. Speed bag punches: 45 seconds. Raise your elbows up to shoulder level, shift your weight to the right leg and rotate your right forearm twice. Switch sides and repeat.
5. Pullover: 30 seconds. Lie down, hold one dumbbell with both hands and press your arms up. Lower the dumbbell over and beyond your head.
From the Shop
7. Inchworm: 45 seconds. Bend over, keep your legs straight and walk your hands out as far as you can. Walk back up to the starting position and repeat.
9. Deadlift: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. With one dumbbell in each hand, start bending at the hips and extend one leg behind you. Keep your knee slightly bent and lower your torso, until you’re almost parallel to the floor.
10. Shoulder press: 30 seconds. Keep your palms facing forward and hold the dumbbells in front of your shoulders. Press the weights up, until your elbows are fully extended.
11. Knee push ups: 30 seconds. Keep your core engaged, your spine in a neutral position, and exhale as you push up.
12. Arm swings: 45 seconds. Cross your arms at the front and then quickly bring them back as far as you can.
Workout Routine Interval Timer
Calorie CalculatorEnter your weight to find out how many calories you can burn doing this back and chest beginner workout:
The secret to burning calories and ultimately losing weight is to maximize the efficiency of your energy systems. This 20-Minute Metabolism …
Work your legs and booty from all angles with this 29-minute bodyweight workout. A lower body and cardio routine that will help you sculpt long and lean muscles and burn off body fat …