Strengthen your back and lift your chest with this upper body beginner workout for women. A set of 12 exercises to help sculpt your body and improve posture.
Upper Body Beginner Workout For Women
Description: Repeat this circuit 3 times and rest for 60 seconds between sets.
Equipment: jump rope, dumbbells
WARM UP & COOL DOWN
Upper Body Beginner Workout For Women Instructions
1. Jump rope: 60 seconds. Jump on the balls of your feet and turn the rope only with your wrists.
2. Chest press: 30 seconds. Lie down, hold a dumbbell in each hand and keep your palms facing your feet. Raise the dumbbells up, directly above your shoulders, and breathe out.
3. Chest fly: 30 seconds. Start with your arms up and your palms facing each other. Lower your arms out to the sides and keep your elbows slightly bent.
4. Speed bag punches: 45 seconds. Raise your elbows up to shoulder level, shift your weight to the right leg and rotate your right forearm twice. Switch sides and repeat.
5. Pullover: 30 seconds. Lie down, hold one dumbbell with both hands and press your arms up. Lower the dumbbell over and beyond your head.
6. Squat curl: 30 seconds. Add the biceps curl movement to a regular bodyweight squat. Raise the dumbbells as you squat, keep your chest up and lower your hips back.
From the Shop
7. Inchworm: 45 seconds. Bend over, keep your legs straight and walk your hands out as far as you can. Walk back up to the starting position and repeat.
8. Reverse lunge punch: 20 seconds + 20 seconds. To keep your heart rate up and boost your metabolism, pair reverse lunges with dumbbell punches.
9. Deadlift: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. With one dumbbell in each hand, start bending at the hips and extend one leg behind you. Keep your knee slightly bent and lower your torso, until you’re almost parallel to the floor.
10. Shoulder press: 30 seconds. Keep your palms facing forward and hold the dumbbells in front of your shoulders. Press the weights up, until your elbows are fully extended.
11. Knee push ups: 30 seconds. Keep your core engaged, your spine in a neutral position, and exhale as you push up.
12. Arm swings: 45 seconds. Cross your arms at the front and then quickly bring them back as far as you can.
Workout Routine Interval Timer
Calorie CalculatorEnter your weight to find out how many calories you can burn doing this back and chest beginner workout:
Belly Fat Burner Workout
Flatten your abs and blast calories with these 10 moves! A belly fat burner workout to tone up your tummy, strengthen your core, and …
Lower Body Workouts
Brazilian Butt Workout
Want to know the secret to a perfect booty? Try this Brazilian butt workout to shape, lift and firm your booty fast! A 30-minute at-home exercise routine to tone …
Upper Body Workouts
30-Minute Upper Body Workout
Look your best and get your arms, shoulders, back, and chest in tip-top shape with this 30-minute upper body workout. This strength …
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.