Strengthen your back and lift your chest with this upper body beginner workout for women. A set of 12 exercises to help you sculpt your body and improve your posture.
BACK & CHEST BEGINNER WORKOUT
UPPER BODY BEGINNER WORKOUT INSTRUCTIONS
Start this back and chest workout with a beginners warm up.
Repeat this circuit 3 times and rest for 60 seconds between sets.
1. Jump rope: 60 seconds. Jump on the balls of your feet and turn the rope only with your wrists.
2. Chest press: 30 seconds. Lie down, hold a dumbbell in each hand and keep your palms facing your feet. Raise the dumbbells up, directly above your shoulders, and breathe out.
3. Chest fly: 30 seconds. Start with your arms up and your palms facing each other. Lower your arms out to the sides and keep your elbows slightly bent.
4. Speed bag punches: 45 seconds. Raise your elbows up to shoulder level, shift your weight to the right leg and rotate your right forearm twice. Switch sides and repeat.
5. Pullover: 30 seconds. Lie down, hold one dumbbell with both hands and press your arms up. Lower the dumbbell over and beyond your head.
6. Squat curl: 30 seconds. Add the biceps curl movement to a regular bodyweight squat. Raise the dumbbells as you squat, keep your chest up and lower your hips back.
7. Inchworm: 45 seconds. Bend over, keep your legs straight and walk your hands out as far as you can. Walk back up to the starting position and repeat.
8. Reverse lunge punch: 20 seconds + 20 seconds. To keep your heart rate up and boost your metabolism, pair reverse lunges with dumbbell punches.
9. Deadlift: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. With one dumbbell in each hand, start bending at the hips and extend one leg behind you. Keep your knee slightly bent and lower your torso, until you’re almost parallel to the floor.
10. Shoulder press: 30 seconds. Keep your palms facing forward and hold the dumbbells in front of your shoulders. Press the weights up, until your elbows are fully extended.
11. Knee push ups: 30 seconds. Keep your core engaged, your spine in a neutral position and exhale as you push up.
12. Arm swings: 45 seconds. Cross your arms at the front and then quickly bring them back as far as you can.
Stretch your muscles, tendons and ligaments and finish this upper body beginners workout with a set of static stretches.
Enter your weight to find out how many calories you can burn doing this back and chest beginner workout: