The Tabata training approach calls for 20 seconds of ultra-intense exercise followed by 10 seconds of rest. This high-intensity type of training is fun, boredom-proof and helps you burn more fat in less time. Try our 5-minute full body Tabata workout to get the body you want in just minutes a day!
TABATA TRAINING | 5-MINUTE WORKOUT TO BOOST FAT LOSS
5-MINUTE TABATA WORKOUT INSTRUCTIONS
Repeat this circuit 2 times, once on each side, and rest for 10 seconds between exercises. Do this 5-minute workout 5 times per day.
1. Scissor skier: 20 seconds. Stand with your feet together and arms by your sides. Jump up, bring your left leg forward, your right leg back, and reach your right arm up and your left arm back. Jump again and switch leg and arm positions.
2. Jump start: 20 seconds. Stand on your right leg, bend your knee, extend your left leg back, and touch your right foot with your left hand. Jump quickly and drive your left knee up. Land softly on your right foot, repeat and switch sides. The second time you do this circuit repeat this exercise on the opposite side.
3. Shrimp squat: 20 seconds. Stand with your feet hip-width apart, bend your right knee to the back and grab your right foot with your left hand. Start bending your left knee and slowly lower your hips back. Push through the left heel to return to the starting position.
4. Abdominal bridge: 20 seconds. Lie on your stomach with your legs fully extended and your forearms on the mat. Engage your core and lift your hips. Pause for 2 seconds, then return to the starting position.
5. One arm tricep push up: 20 seconds. Lie on your left side with your feet, hips and shoulders stacked. Place your right palm on the mat in front of your left shoulder, and hug your waist with your left arm. Straighten your right arm and push your torso up. Bend your arm and lower your torso back to the mat. Repeat for 20 seconds and work the opposite arm on the second set.
STRETCH & RELAX
End your Tabata training day with a quick yoga flow to keep your muscles healthy, strong and maximize your body’s repair.
Enter your weight to find out how many calories you can burn doing this full body Tabata workout: