Grow, lift and firm your booty at home with these 10 super-effective glute exercises. Activate your muscles to the max, improve muscle growth and symmetry and target the gluteus maximus, medius, and minimus from every angle!
AT HOME GLUTES WORKOUT FOR WOMEN
GLUTES WORKOUT INSTRUCTIONS
Start this glutes workout with a lower body warm up routine.
Repeat this circuit 2 times and rest for 60 seconds between sets.
1. Single leg deadlift: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Stand on one leg with your knee slightly bent and hold a dumbbell in each hand. Start bending at the hips and extend your free leg behind you. Lower your torso until you’re parallel to the floor. Return to the starting position, repeat for 30 seconds and switch sides.
2. Sumo squat: 45 seconds. Stand with your feet in a wide stance and with your toes pointing out to the sides. Bend your knees, press your hips back and, once your thighs are parallel to the floor, come back up and repeat.
3. Bulgarian split squat: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Place a step or a box behind you, position your right foot on top of the step, bend your knees and lower the hips until your left thigh is parallel to the floor. Return to the starting position, repeat for 30 seconds and switch legs.
4. Squat kickback: 45 seconds. Start with your feet a little wider than shoulder-width apart and squat. As you stand up, transfer your weight to one leg and kick back with the opposite leg. Return to the starting position and repeat on the opposite side.
5. Step up with knee raise: 45 seconds. Place the box or step in front of you, step onto the box with your left foot and drive your right knee up. Step down with your right foot and alternate legs for 45 seconds.
6. Side lunge to curtsy lunge: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Stand with your feet hip-width apart, step out to the side with your right leg and lunge. Take a big step back with your right leg, crossing it behind the left, bend your knees, and then step out to the side with your right leg. Repeat for 30 seconds, and switch sides.
7. Hamstring curls: 45 seconds. Lie on your stomach with your legs fully extended, chest up and your hands under your chest. Bend your knees, curl your legs up and squeeze the glutes. Lower your legs and repeat.
8. Side lying hip abduction: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Lie on your side with both legs extended. Lift your top leg as high as possible and then lower it back down. Repeat for 30 seconds and then switch legs.
9. Glute bridge: 45 seconds. Lie on your back with your hands by your sides and your knees bent. Lift your hips off the mat and pause for 1 second. Return to the starting position and repeat.
10. Clamshell: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Lie on your side with your knees slightly bent and with one leg on top of the other. Keep your feet together and lift your top knee until it’s parallel with your hip. Lower your knee back to the initial position, repeat for 30 seconds, and switch sides.
Finish this glutes workout with a lower body stretching routine.
Enter your weight to find out how many calories you can burn doing this glutes workout for women:
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.