This Summer abs workout for women combines cardio and strength training exercises, and is all about working your sexy midline! Add these 10 moves to your workout schedule to tone up your tummy and get rid of love handles for good!
SUMMER ABS WORKOUT FOR WOMEN
SUMMER ABS WORKOUT INSTRUCTIONS
Start this summer abs workout with a thorough warm up routine.
Repeat this circuit 3 times and rest for 60 seconds between sets.
1. Jump rope: 60 seconds. Jump on the balls of your feet and move the rope only with your wrists.
2. Russian twist: 45 seconds. Lie down with your legs bent, and raise your upper body to create a V shape with your thighs. Twist your torso to the right, and then reverse the motion, twisting it to the left.
3. Standing side bend: 45 seconds. Stand up, holding a dumbbell with both hands, and raise your arms up and above your head. Bend your torso to the right, as far as it feels comfortable, pause, and bend it to the left.
4. Criss cross crunches: 60 seconds. Stand with your hands behind your head, bend your right leg and lift your knee as high as you can. Rotate your torso to the right and bring your right knee to your left elbow. Repeat on the opposite side.
5. Plank bird dog: 45 seconds. Start in a plank position and extend one leg and the opposite arm at the same time. Pause for 2 to 3 seconds, return to the starting position and switch sides.
6. Back extensions: 60 seconds. Lie face down on a mat, with your legs fully extended and your hands supporting your head. Lift your torso up, hold for a count of 2 and return to the starting position.
7. Wall crunches: 45 seconds. Lie on your back and with your legs up the wall. Lift your shoulders off the mat, squeeze the abs and hold for 1 to 2 seconds.
8. Dead bug: 60 seconds. While on your back, extend your arms and legs toward the ceiling. Lower your right leg and extend your left arm behind your head. Switch sides and repeat.
9. Cross crunches: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Bend your knees, cross your right leg on top of the left knee and support your head with your left hand. Crunch and bring your left elbow across your body and toward the right knee. Repeat for 30 seconds and switch sides.
10. Side plank: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Lie on your side with your body fully extended. Lift your body off the mat and balance your weight between the forearm and the side of the foot. Keep your body in a straight line and hold for 30 seconds. Change sides and repeat.
Finish this summer abs workout with a static stretching routine.
Enter your weight to find out how many calories you can burn doing this summer abs workout: