This Strength & Cardio Quick Workout is a 10-minute routine that includes six compound moves, where you’ll be working more than one muscle group at the same time.
When performing compound exercises, you activate a wide range of muscles, which is an excellent way to build strength and burn fat at the same time.
Strength & Cardio Quick Workout
Description: Repeat this circuit 2 times and rest for 60 seconds between sets.
WARM UP & COOL DOWN
Strength & Cardio Quick Workout Instructions
1. Lunge punch: 45 seconds. Stand straight with your feet hip-width apart and hold a dumbbell in each hand. Position the dumbbells at shoulder height with your palms facing each other. Take a step back with your left leg, flex your knees and push your left arm out in a punching motion. Stand back up, switch legs and repeat.
2. Sumo side bends: 45 seconds. Stand with your feet in a wide stance, your toes pointing out to the sides and your hands behind your head. Bend your knees, press your hips back and bring your right elbow toward your right knee. Repeat on the left side and keep alternating sides for 45 seconds.
3. Split squat press: 20 seconds + 20 seconds. Start in a split leg position, with one leg forward and one leg back and hold a dumbbell in each hand. Flex your knees, until the back knee is just above the floor and position the dumbbells at your shoulders, with your palms facing forward and your elbows under your wrists. Stand back up, push the dumbbells up and fully extend your arms. Repeat for 20 seconds and then switch legs.
From the Shop
4. Squat curl: 45 seconds. Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart, bend your knees, press your hips back, squeeze the biceps and lift the dumbbells. Press your heels into the floor to return to the initial position, and slowly lower the arms. Repeat for 45 seconds.
5. Side lunge front raise: 45 seconds. Stand straight with your feet hip-width apart, step out to the side with your right leg, lunge and lift the dumbbells until your arms are slightly above parallel to the floor. Use your left foot to push you back to the starting position and slowly lower the arms. Step out to the side with your left leg and repeat. Keep alternating legs until the set is complete.
6. Dumbbell plank rotation: 20 seconds + 20 seconds. Get into a plank position, twist your torso and lift your left hand toward the ceiling. Bring your left hand back to the initial position, repeat for 20 seconds, and then switch sides.
Workout Routine Interval Timer
Calorie CalculatorEnter your weight to find out how many calories you can burn doing this strength and cardio quick workout:
Did you know that dormant or inactive glutes are probably the main reason why most people struggle to grow their booty? If this is …
Increase your stamina and endurance with this intense bodyweight fat burner routine for women. A 30-minute full body workout, perfect for burning a ton of …