Strengthen your whole body, reduce stress and boost your calorie burn at home with this strength and cardio bodyweight routine for women. If you’re bored with your workouts, or just want to mix things up, this no-equipment circuit is a perfect choice!
STRENGTH AND CARDIO BODYWEIGHT ROUTINE FOR WOMEN
Description: Repeat this circuit 3 times and rest for 60 seconds between sets.
Equipment: no equipment
Exercises: lateral step pull, downward dog crunch, side to side hops, in and out jacks, double leg donkey kicks, 180 jump squat, bent leg jackknife, walking lunges, side plank rotation, hindu push ups
WARM UP & COOL DOWN
STRENGTH AND CARDIO BODYWEIGHT ROUTINE INSTRUCTIONS1. Lateral step pull: 60 seconds. Start with your feet a little wider than shoulder-width apart and bring both hands above your head. Take a big step back with your left leg, crossing it to the right, bend the front knee and pull your arms back. Return to the starting position and repeat on the opposite side.
2. Downward dog crunch: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Start in downward dog pose, bring your right knee close to your right elbow and crunch. Extend your right leg up and to the back, repeat for 30 seconds, and then switch legs.
3. Side to side hops: 60 seconds. Stand straight with your hands by your sides and your feet hip-width apart. Jump with both feet to the right and then to the left, in a quick, repetitive movement.
4. In and out jacks: 45 seconds. Stand with your feet together and hands by your sides. Jump up, spread your feet, bend your knees pressing your hips back, and open your arms. Push through the heels to jump back up and bring both hands together above your head. Repeat for 45 seconds.
5. Double leg donkey kicks: 45 seconds. Start in downward dog pose, push off with your toes, kick your legs up, and bend the knees. Land on your toes with your knees slightly bent.
FROM THE SHOP
7. Bent leg jackknife: 60 seconds. Lie on your back with your legs straight and your arms extended back. Raise your torso, bend your legs and hug your knees with both hands.
8. Walking lunges: 60 seconds. Stand with your feet hip-width apart, take a step forward with your right foot, and then slowly bend both knees until your back knee is just above the floor. Stand back up, take a step forward with your left foot, and lunge. Repeat this forward movement for 60 seconds.
9. Side plank rotation: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Start in a side plank position, with your right shoulder over your elbow, your body in a straight line and reach your left hand toward the ceiling. Twist your torso forward, and slowly place your left arm under your body. Repeat for 30 seconds and then switch sides.
10. Hindu push ups: 45 seconds. Start in a downward dog pose, with your hands shoulder-width apart, your body in a V-shape, and your feet hip-width apart. Bend your elbows and lower your chest until it’s just above the floor. Straighten your arms, lift your torso and go into upward dog pose. Lower your torso, lift your hips and return to downward dog pose. Repeat for 45 seconds.