Look your best this summer and firm up your upper body with this 27-minute strength and cardio workout. This split circuit is designed to sculpt your shoulders, back and chest, get rid of flabby arms and reveal a sexy new you!
STRENGTH AND CARDIO UPPER BODY WORKOUT
STRENGTH AND CARDIO UPPER BODY WORKOUT INSTRUCTIONS
Start this strength and cardio upper body workout with a 10 minute warm up routine.
Repeat the first 5 exercises 3 times, rest for 60 seconds and then repeat the remaining 5 exercises 3 times.
1. Butterfly dips: 60 seconds. Sit on the mat with your feet together, place your hands behind you, bend your knees and let your thighs fall open. Straighten the arms as you press your hips up and bring both knees together. Bend your elbows and lower your body back to the starting position
2. Dumbbell pullover: 60 seconds. Hold a dumbbell in each hand and lie down with your knees bent. Press your arms up, keeping your hands together, and then lower the dumbbells over and beyond your head until your upper arms are in line with your torso.
3. Concentration curls: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Sit on a bench holding a dumbbell in your left hand, and rest your elbow on the inside of your left thigh. Squeeze the left biceps and curl. Lower the arm to the starting position, repeat for 30 seconds and then switch arms.
4. Shoulder to shoulder press: 60 seconds. Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart and hold a dumbbell in front of your right shoulder. Extend your arms, push the dumbbell up and over your head and then bend your elbows and slowly lower the weight to your left shoulder. Keep alternating shoulders for 60 seconds.
5. Chest press punch up: 60 seconds. Lie on your back with your knees bent, your back flat and hold a dumbbell in each hand. Squeeze your abs, lift your right shoulder off the floor and punch up with your right arm. Lower your arm to the starting position and repeat with the left arm.
6. Inchworm: 45 seconds. Stand straight with your feet shoulder-width apart. Bend at the waist and walk your hands out, as far as you can while keeping your legs straight. Pause and then walk back up to the starting position.
7. Reverse lunge shoulder press: 45 seconds. Stand with your feet hip-width apart and hold a dumbbell in each hand. Position the dumbbells at shoulder height with your palms facing forward and your elbows under your wrists. Take a step back with your left leg and flex your knees until the back knee is just above the floor. Stand back up, lift your left knee and push the dumbbells up. Repeat on the opposite side.
8. Dumbbell punches: 45 seconds. Stand with your feet hip-width apart, your knees slightly bent and hold a dumbbell in each hand. Take a step forward, keep your back foot at a 45-degree angle and bring your arms up. Push one arm out in a punching motion, return to the starting position and then quickly switch sides.
9. Dumbbell swing: 45 seconds. Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart, your toes pointed slightly outward, and hold a dumbbell with both hands. Squat and bring the dumbbell between your legs. Stand up and swing the dumbbell up to about chest height.
10. Side lunge curl: 45 seconds. Stand with a dumbbell in each hand. Step out to the side with your left leg, lunge and extend your arms down. Use your right foot to push you back to the starting position, squeeze the biceps and curl. Step out to the side with your right leg and repeat.
Finish this upper body workout with a set of static stretches.
Enter your weight to find out how many calories you can burn doing this strength and cardio upper body workout: