Get your upper body fit and toned for Summer with this shoulders and arms workout for women. A complete 30-minute circuit that combines cardio and strength training moves to create a well-rounded, fat-burning routine.
SHOULDERS AND ARMS WORKOUT FOR WOMEN
SHOULDERS AND ARMS WORKOUT INSTRUCTIONS
Start this shoulders and arms workout for women with a quick upper body warm up.
Repeat this circuit 3 times and rest for 60 seconds between sets.
1. Speed bag punches: 60 seconds. Stand with your knees slightly bent and raise your hands to eye level. Shift your weight to the right leg and rotate your right forearm twice. Shift your weight to the left leg and rotate your left forearm twice.
2. Squat with overhead triceps extension: 45 seconds. Stand with your feet a little wider than shoulder-width apart, hold a dumbbell in each hand and raise your arms up and over your head. Squat until your thighs are parallel to the floor, and lower the dumbbells to the back. Stand up and repeat for 45 seconds.
3. Concentration curl: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Sit on a bench holding a dumbbell in your left hand, and rest your left elbow on the inside of your left thigh. Squeeze the left biceps and bring the dumbbell toward your chest. Repeat for 30 seconds and then switch arms.
4. Chest fly shoulder press: 45 seconds. Raise the dumbbells until your upper arms are parallel to the floor and bring your elbows and forearms toward the midline of the body. Return to the starting position, push the dumbbells up, and fully extend your arms.
5. Lying triceps extension: 60 seconds. Lie on your back, extend your arms and position the dumbbells directly above your shoulders. Bend your elbows and bring the dumbbells down, until they’re close to your ears.
6. Split squat curl: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Start in a split leg position, with one leg forward and one leg back. Flex your knees, lower your hips, squeeze the biceps and curl. Lower your arms as you stand back up, repeat for 30 seconds, and then switch leg positions.
7. Shoulder to shoulder press: 60 seconds. Stand up and hold a dumbbell with both hands in front of your right shoulder. Extend your arms and push the dumbbell up and over your head. Bend your elbows and slowly lower the weight to your left shoulder.
8. Tricep dips: 45 seconds. Place your hands behind you onto a bench, extend your legs and start bending your elbows. Lower yourself until your arms are at a 90-degree angle and then come back up. Repeat for 45 seconds.
9. Dumbbell side swings: 60 seconds. Stand straight and hold a set of dumbbells in front of your thighs. Pull the left dumbbell toward the chest and raise the right dumbbell out to the side. Lower the dumbbells, reverse the arms and repeat.
10. Plank straight arm kickback: 45 seconds. Get into a plank position, with your wrists under your shoulders and your feet hip-width apart. Lift one arm up and back, keeping it straight. Lower your arm to the starting position, switch sides and repeat.
Finish this summer arms workout routine with a set of static stretches.
Enter your weight to find out how many calories you can burn doing this shoulders and arms workout for women: