Women need strong, sexy and feminine shoulders to enhance their upper body aesthetics and complete their physique. Shapely toned deltoids are the perfect accessory to a sleeveless dress or shirt and training the muscles that support the shoulder joint, not only improves definition and tone but also helps to increase range of motion, strengthens the rotator cuff and improves your posture!
SEXY, FEMININE & TANK TOP READY SHOULDERS WORKOUT
SHOULDER WORKOUT INSTRUCTIONS
Start this shoulder workout with an upper body warm up.
Repeat this circuit 2 times and rest for 60 seconds between sets.
1. Dumbbell front raise: 45 seconds. Grab a set of dumbbells and with your palms facing down, lift one dumbbell until your arm is slightly above parallel to the floor. Pause and then slowly lower the arm back to the starting position. Repeat with the opposite arm and keep alternating sides for 45 seconds.
2. Dumbbell lateral raise: 45 seconds. Lift the dumbbells and raise your arms out to the sides. Once your elbows are at shoulder height, pause, and slowly lower the arms back to the initial position.
3. Bent over lateral raise: 45 seconds. Bend your torso, until your chest is nearly parallel to the floor. Raise your arms out to the sides as you lift the dumbbells. Once both arms are parallel to the floor, pause, and then slowly lower them back to the starting position. Repeat for 45 seconds.
4. Bent over row press: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Grab a dumbbell with your right hand, place your left foot forward and your right foot back, bend your left knee and lean your torso forward. Pull the dumbbell toward your waistline, while squeezing your shoulder blades. Push the dumbbell up and fully extend your arm. Slowly lower the weight to the starting position, repeat for 30 seconds and switch sides.
5. Dumbbell punches: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Stand with your feet hip-width apart, your knees slightly bent and hold a dumbbell in each hand. Take a step forward with your right foot, keep your back foot at a 45-degree angle and position your body partially sideways. Bring your arms up, so that the palms of the hands are facing the sides of the face. Push your left arm out in a punching motion and then return to the starting position. Repeat for 30 seconds and switch sides.
6. Double leg donkey kicks: 45 seconds. Start in downward dog pose with your arms and legs straight and your hips up and back. Push off with your toes, kick your legs up and bend the knees. Land on your toes with your knees slightly bent and repeat.
7. Arnold shoulder press: 45 seconds. Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart and hold a dumbbell in each hand. Position the dumbbells at your shoulders, with your palms facing your body and your elbows bent. Push the dumbbells up, rotate your palms outward, and fully extend your arms. As you lower the dumbbells back to the starting position, rotate your palms inward. Repeat for 45 seconds.
8. Elbow squeeze shoulder press: 45 seconds. Raise the dumbbells until your upper arms are parallel to the floor and your elbows are directly under the wrists. Bring the elbows and forearms toward the midline of your body and then return to the starting position. Push the dumbbells up and fully extend your arms. Return to the starting position and repeat the movement.
9. Dumbbell shoulder to shoulder press: 45 seconds. Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart and hold one dumbbell in front of your right shoulder, with your elbows pointing down. Extend your arms and push the dumbbell up and over your head. Bend your elbows and slowly lower the weight to your left shoulder. Keep alternating shoulders for 45 seconds.
10. Deadlift upright row: 45 seconds. Stand up holding a dumbbell in each hand and position them in front of your thighs. Push your hips back and lower the dumbbells until your torso is parallel to the floor. Stand up and pull the dumbbells toward your chest, keeping your arms a little wider than shoulder-width apart. Repeat for 45 seconds.
Finish this shoulders workout with a thorough upper body stretching routine.
Enter your weight to find out how many calories you can burn doing this shoulder workout: