This 17-minute killer leg workout was designed to help you sculpt long, lean and toned thighs and target your quads. The focus is on the muscles located at the front of the thighs, but this workout also engages your posterior chain muscles, the hamstrings, and the glutes, and helps tone your inner and outer thighs as well as your booty!
QUADS ON FIRE WORKOUT
QUAD WORKOUT INSTRUCTIONS
Box/step, medicine ball/dumbbell.
Start this quad workout with a lower body warm up.
Repeat this circuit 2 times and rest for 60 seconds between sets.
1. Bulgarian split squat: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Place a step or a box behind, position your right foot on top of the step, bend your knees and lower the hips until your left thigh is parallel to the floor. Straighten the knees, repeat for 30 seconds and then switch legs.
2. 180 jump squat: 45 seconds. Stand with your feet a little wider than shoulder-width apart, your toes pointing slightly outward and squat. Jump up, spin to the left 180 degrees and squat again. Quickly jump up, spinning to the right, and go back into the squat position. Repeat for 45 seconds.
3. Standing leg circles: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Position your feet shoulder-width apart, raise one leg at about knee high and rotate it clockwise, making big circles. Repeat for 30 seconds and then switch legs.
4. Walking lunges: 45 seconds. Stand with your feet hip-width apart, take a step forward with your right foot and lunge. Stand back up, take a step forward with your left foot and lunge again. Repeat this forward movement for 45 seconds.
5. Skating windmill: 45 seconds. Jump to the right, bend your right knee and bring your left foot behind you. Twist your torso to the right and touch the floor with your left hand. Jump to the left, bend your left knee and bring your right foot behind you. Twist your torso to the left and touch the floor with your right hand. Repeat for 45 seconds.
6. Rolling squat: 45 seconds. Stand up at the front of the mat with your feet shoulder-width apart. Bend your knees and press your hips back, until the glutes touch the mat. Roll back with your knees bent. Roll forward into the squat position, stand up and repeat.
7. Frog jumps: 45 seconds. Sit back with your feet in a wide stance and with the toes turned out at an angle. Jump forward and up, land on your toes and squat. Jump back, return to the starting position and repeat.
8. Bear squat: 45 seconds. Start on your hands and knees and then straighten the legs and lift your hips toward the ceiling. Return to the starting position and repeat.
9. Forward jump shuffle back: 45 seconds. Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart, your hips low, extend your arms back to create momentum, and jump forward. Shuffle back to the initial position and repeat.
10. Wall sit rotation: 45 seconds. Push your back against a wall with your thighs parallel to the floor and hold a dumbbell or a medicine ball with both hands. Twist your torso to the right, and then reverse the motion, twisting it to the left.
Cool down and finish this quad workout with a series of lower body stretches.
Enter your weight to find out how many calories you can burn doing this quad workout:
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.