If you’re looking to shape an hourglass figure and get a sexy little waist then this obliques workout is for you! Get rid of your muffin top with these 10 killer exercises that will help you sculpt the obliques and achieve a smaller, more toned waistline!
SEXY LITTLE WAIST WORKOUT
OBLIQUES WORKOUT INSTRUCTIONS
Start this obliques workout with a thorough warm up.
Repeat this circuit 2 times and rest for 60 seconds between sets.
1. Bicycle crunches: 45 seconds. Lie on your back, lift your shoulders off the mat and raise both legs. Bring one knee and the opposing elbow close to each other by crunching to one side, and fully extend the other leg. Return to the starting position, crunch to the opposite side and repeat.
2. Dumbbell side bend: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Stand up, grab a dumbbell with your right hand and place the left hand behind your head. Bend to your right side, as far as it feels comfortable, pause and repeat for 30 seconds. Switch sides and repeat.
3. Alternate heel touchers: 45 seconds. Lie on your back, keep your knees bent, arms at the sides, and keep your back and feet flat on the mat. Crunch forward and to the left, touching your left heel with your left hand and hold. Return slowly to the starting position and repeat the movement on the right side.
4. Oblique v crunch: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Lie on your right side with your legs fully extended and your left hand behind your head. Raise both legs and your torso simultaneously, try touching your left knee with your left elbow and squeeze the abs. Return to the starting position, repeat for 30 seconds, and then switch sides.
5. Russian twist: 45 seconds. Lie down with your legs bent at the knees. Elevate your upper body so that it creates a V shape with your thighs. Twist your torso to the right, and then reverse the motion, twisting it to the left.
6. Plank hip dips: 45 seconds. Start in a low plank position with your body in a straight line, your elbows bent and under your shoulders and your feet hip-width apart. Rotate your hips to the right and dip your body almost to the floor. Return to the starting position and repeat on the left side. Keep alternating sides for 45 seconds.
7. Triangle crunch: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Kneel on your left knee, extend your right leg to the side, place your left hand on the floor and place your right hand behind your head. Bring your right knee toward your right elbow and squeeze. Return to the starting position, repeat for 30 seconds and then switch sides.
8. Side crunch: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Lie on your back with your hands supporting your head, bend the knees and rotate your hips to the left. Lift your shoulders off the floor, squeeze the obliques and hold for 1 to 2 seconds. Slowly return to the starting position, repeat for 30 seconds, and switch sides.
9. Side plank hip lifts: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Start in a side plank position, with your shoulder over your elbow and your body in a straight line. Bring your hip down, without letting it touch the floor, and then bring it back up. Repeat for 30 seconds and switch sides.
10. Waist slimmer squat: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart and hold a dumbbell with both hands. Rotate your torso to the right, straighten your arms and raise the dumbbell until it’s parallel to the floor. Squat, as you rotate your torso to the left, and bring the dumbbell diagonally across the body until it’s close to your left hip. Repeat for 30 seconds and then switch sides.
Finish this obliques workout with a 5-minute stretching routine.
Enter your weight to find out how many calories you can burn doing this obliques workout: