If you’re always short on time and keep finding excuses not to exercise, then our 5-minute Tabata workout is perfect for you. This high-intensity circuit works your whole body and, with no equipment needed and a ready-to-go Tabata timer, you have no excuse not to give it a try!
5-MINUTE NO-EQUIPMENT TABATA WORKOUT
TABATA WORKOUT INSTRUCTIONS
Repeat this circuit 2 times and rest for 10 seconds between exercises. Do this 5-minute workout 5 times per day.
1. Boxer squat punch: 20 seconds. Start in a squat position and as you stand up, shift your weight to one leg and punch with the opposite arm. Squat again and repeat the movement on the opposite side.
2. Jumping jacks: 20 seconds. Stand straight with your feet together and hands by your sides. Jump up, spread your feet and bring both hands together above your head. Jump again to return to the starting position and repeat for 20 seconds.
3. Prone back extension: 20 seconds. Lie on your stomach with your legs fully extended and your arms extended back. Lift your torso, pause for 2 seconds and then return to the starting position.
4. Double leg donkey kicks: 20 seconds. Start with your hands and feet on the floor, arms and legs straight and your hips up and back. Push off with your toes, kick your legs up and bend the knees. Land on your toes with your knees slightly bent and repeat.
5. Frog bridge: 20 seconds. Lie on your back, bend your arms and knees, press the soles of your feet together and let your thighs fall open. Squeeze the glutes, lift the hips off the mat and pause for 1 second. Lower your hips and repeat for 20 seconds.
STRETCH & RELAX
End your day with a restorative yoga flow to recover the muscles, improve performance and reduce your risk of injury.
Enter your weight to find out how many calories you can burn doing this 5-minute Tabata workout: