Get your tummy slim and tight while on vacation with this no-equipment high-intensity workout. A 29-minute bodyweight circuit perfect for when you’re away from home and your hotel doesn’t have a gym.
NO-EQUIPMENT HIGH-INTENSITY CIRCUIT
HIGH-INTENSITY WORKOUT INSTRUCTIONS
Start this high-intensity circuit with a dynamic core warm up.
Repeat this circuit 3 times and rest for 60 seconds between sets.
1. Kick crunch: 60 seconds. Stand tall with your feet shoulder-width apart. Lift your left leg as high as you can, and touch your left foot with your right hand. Return to the initial position and repeat on the opposite side.
2. Inverted v plank: 60 seconds. Start in a low plank position, press down through your shoulders and arms and lift the hips toward the ceiling. Slowly return to the starting position and repeat for 60 seconds.
3. Bicycle crunches: 60 seconds. Lie on your back, lift your shoulders off the mat and raise your legs. Bring one knee and the opposing elbow close to each other by crunching to one side. Return to the starting position and then crunch to the opposite side.
4. Scissor kicks: 45 seconds. While on your back, lift your legs and alternate crossing your feet on top of each other.
5. Skating windmill: 60 seconds. Stand up, jump to the right, bend your right knee and bring your left foot behind you. Twist your torso to the right and touch the floor with your left hand. Jump to the left, bend your left knee and bring your right foot behind you. Twist your torso to the left and touch the floor with your right hand. Repeat this back and forth movement for 60 seconds.
6. Donkey kick twist: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Start on your hands and knees, and place your right hand behind your head. Extend your left leg to the back and rotate your torso to the right. Bend your left leg, bring your right elbow toward your left knee, and crunch. Repeat for 30 seconds, and switch sides.
7. Frog crunches: 60 seconds. Lie down on the mat with your back flat, your hands supporting your head and lift your legs at a 45-degree angle. Lift your shoulders and bend your knees, bringing them toward your elbows, and crunch.
8. Windshield wipers: 45 seconds. While on your back extend your arms out to the sides, lift your legs and bend the knees at a 90-degree angle. Rotate the hips to one side, without letting the legs touch the floor, and then rotate the hips to the opposite side.
9. V sits: 45 seconds. Lift your legs at a 45-degree angle and keep your hands and shoulders off the floor. Lift your torso straight up and bend your knees. Straighten your legs, and slowly lower your torso back to the floor.
10. Plank bird dog: 45 seconds. Start in a plank position and extend one leg and the opposite arm at the same time. Pause for 2 to 3 seconds, return to the starting position and switch sides.
Finish this no-equipment high-intensity circuit with a set of core stretches.
Enter your weight to find out how many calories you can burn doing this high-intensity circuit: