Get rid of your muffin top with this cardio, abs and obliques workout. 10 moves to help you burn fat, strengthen your abs and sculpt your obliques. Combine these muffin top exercises with a clean diet and weekly cardio, and you’ll tighten up your tummy in no time!
MUFFIN TOP EXERCISES
CARDIO, ABS & OBLIQUES WORKOUT INSTRUCTIONS
Start this muffin top melter workout with a 10 minute core warm up routine.
Repeat this circuit 3 times and rest for 60 seconds between sets.
1. Run in place: 60 seconds. Stand straight, open your chest, pull your knees up and slowly land on the balls of your feet.
2. Bicycle crunches: 45 seconds. Lie on your back, lift your shoulders off the mat and raise your legs. Bring one knee and the opposing elbow close to each other by crunching to one side. Return to the starting position and then crunch to the opposite side.
3. Dead bug: 45 seconds. While on your back, extend your arms and legs toward the ceiling. Lower your left leg and extend your right arm behind your head. Switch sides and repeat.
4. Criss cross crunches: 60 seconds. Stand with your feet hip-width apart and your hands behind your head. Bend your right leg and lift your knee as high as you can. Rotate your torso to the right and bring your right knee to your left elbow. Repeat on the opposite side and keep alternating sides until the set is complete.
5. Side plank hip lifts: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Start in a side plank position, with your shoulder over your elbow and your body in a straight line. Bring your hip down, without letting it touch the floor, and then bring it back up to the starting position.
6. Alternating superman: 45 seconds. Lie face down with your arms and legs fully extended. Lift one arm and the opposite leg off the floor, hold for a count of 2 and repeat with the opposite arm and leg.
7. Inchworm: 45 seconds. Stand straight with your feet shoulder-width apart, bend at the waist and walk your hands out as far as you can. Walk back up and repeat.
8. Dumbbell side bend: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart and a dumbbell on your right hand. Bend to your right side, as far as it feels comfortable, and pause. Return to the starting position, repeat for 30 seconds and then switch sides.
9. Russian twist: 45 seconds. Sit down with your knees bent, keep your back straight, your core tight and twist only your upper torso.
10. Plank hip dips: 30 seconds. Start in a low plank, rotate your hips to the right and dip your body almost to the floor. Return to the starting position and repeat on the left side.
Stretch your abs, obliques and lower back with this set of core stretches.
Enter your weight to find out how many calories you can burn doing these muffin top exercises: