Sculpt your glutes, hips, hamstrings, quads and calves with this lower body workout. A 30 minute at home exercise routine designed to work your entire lower body and give you slim thighs, a rounder booty, and legs for days!
LOWER BODY WORKOUT
LOWER BODY WORKOUT INSTRUCTIONS
Start this lower body workout with a 10 minute warm up routine.
Repeat this circuit 3 times and rest for 60 seconds between sets.
1. Jump start: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Stand on your left leg, bend your knee, extend your right leg back, and touch your left foot with your right hand. Jump quickly and drive your right knee up. Land softly on your left foot, repeat for 30 seconds and switch sides.
2. Diamond kicks: 60 seconds. Lie on your back, raise the legs toward the ceiling, bend the knees and bring the soles of your feet together. Extend the legs out to the sides, as far as possible, and then squeeze the inner thighs to bring them together. Repeat for 60 seconds.
3. Squat thrust: 45 seconds. Squat, place your hands in front of your feet and jump back, getting into a push-up position. Jump to the front and stand up.
4. Hamstring curls: 60 seconds. Lie on your stomach with your chest up and your spine neutral. Bend both knees, curl your legs up and squeeze your glutes. Straighten your legs and repeat.
5. Fluter kick squats: 60 seconds. Stand with one foot forward and the other foot behind you. Jump and switch leg positions. Jump again, landing with your feet a little wider than shoulder width apart, and squat. Return to the starting position and repeat the exercise.
6. Fire hydrant: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Get down on your hands and knees and raise one leg out to the side until it’s level with your hip. Lower it back down and repeat.
7. High knees: 45 seconds. Bring your knees up to waist level and then slowly land on the balls of your feet.
8. Plie squat calf raise: 45 seconds. Start in a sumo squat position, with your feet in a wide stance, your toes pointing out to the sides and your thighs parallel to the floor. Raise your heels off the floor and squeeze the calves. Lower your heels and repeat.
9. Alternating dumbbell swing: 60 seconds. Hold a dumbbell in your right hand, squat and bring the dumbbell between your legs. Stand up, swing the dumbbell up to about chest height, and switch it to your left hand. Return to the squat position, and keep alternating hands for 60 seconds.
10. Wall sit rotation: 45 seconds. Start with your back against a wall and hold a dumbbell or a medicine ball with both hands. Twist your torso to the right, and then reverse the motion, twisting it to the left.
Relax and stretch your muscles with a quick lower body stretching routine.
Enter your weight to find out how many calories you can burn doing this lower body workout: