Improve your flexibility with this lower body stretching routine. Add these leg, hip and glute stretches at the end of your workout routine to reduce the risk of injuries, relax the muscles and improve joint range of motion.
LOWER BODY STRETCHING ROUTINE
LOWER BODY STRETCHES INSTRUCTIONS
WARM UP AND WORKOUT
1. Lower back stretch: 30 seconds. Lie down on your back and then slowly pull your knees toward your chest.
2. Hamstring stretch: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Extend and lift your right leg, hold your thigh and gently pull the leg toward the chest. Repeat with the left leg.
3. Glute stretch: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Bend both knees, cross the left leg over the right and bring both knees toward your chest. Repeat on the opposite side.
4. Inner thigh stretch: 30 seconds. Sit on the floor and bring both feet together. Drive your knees down into the floor with the help of your arms.
5. Outer thigh stretch: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Bend your left knee and cross your left leg over the right. Place your left hand on the floor and rotate your upper body to the left. Repeat on the opposite side.
6. Quad stretch: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Stand up, lift your right foot and grasp it with your right hand. Pull the foot toward your butt, hold and repeat with the left foot.
7. Calf stretch: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Hold onto a wall and extend one leg back while keeping both feet flat on the floor. Lean forward and slowly bend your front leg. Switch sides and repeat.
8. Hip flexor stretch: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Kneel on your left leg and bend your right leg in front of you at a 90-degree angle. Shift your weight forward and feel the stretch in your hip. Switch sides.
Enter your weight to find out how many calories you can burn doing this lower body stretching routine: