Start sculpting your lower body with this 20-minute beginner workout routine. A mix of cardio and strength training moves to burn off body fat and trim your inner and outer thighs, hips, quads, hamstrings, glutes, and calves.
LOWER BODY AND CARDIO BEGINNER WORKOUT
LOWER BODY BEGINNER WORKOUT ROUTINE INSTRUCTIONS
Start this beginner workout routine with a 10 minute warm up.
Repeat this circuit 3 times and rest for 60 seconds between sets.
1. Run in place: 60 seconds. Stand straight, face forward and open your chest. Pull your knees up and slowly land on the balls of your feet.
2. Sumo squats: 30 seconds. Stand with your toes pointing out to the sides and with your feet in a wide stance. Bend your knees, lower your hips back and, once your thighs are parallel to the floor, return to the starting position.
3. Split squat: 20 seconds + 20 seconds. Start with one leg forward and one leg back and flex your knees until your front thigh is parallel to the floor. Repeat and switch leg positions once the time is up.
4. Quick feet: 45 seconds. Start in an athletic position with your hips low and your feet shoulder width apart. Push through the balls of your feet and run in place quickly.
5. Hamstring curls: 30 seconds. Lie on your belly with your chest up and your legs extended. Lift and curl your legs and squeeze your glutes. Extend your legs to the back and repeat the movement until the time is up.
6. Inner thigh lifts: 20 seconds + 20 seconds. Lie on your side, cross your top leg over and lengthen your bottom leg. Flex your bottom foot and press that leg up and down for 20 seconds.
7. Hip abduction: 20 seconds + 20 seconds. While on your side, stack your legs straight. Lift your top leg as high as possible and then lower it back down slowly.
8. High kicks: 60 seconds. Stand up tall and lift one leg as high as you can in a fast-paced move. Switch legs and keep alternating sides until the time is up.
9. Calf raises: 30 seconds. Stand with your feet hip-width apart and the toes pointing forward. Raise your heels, squeeze the calves, lower the heels back to the floor and repeat.
10. Wall sit: 30 seconds. Stand with your back pressed against a wall, your knees bent and your thighs parallel to the floor. Hold this position for 30 seconds.
Stretch your muscles, tendons and ligaments and finish this lower body and cardio workout with a set of lower body stretches.
Enter your weight to find out how many calories you can burn doing this lower body beginner workout routine:
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.