Lift, round, and firm your backside with this beginner workout for women. A 25-minute lower body routine to help sculpt your glutes and trim body fat.
Lower Body Beginner Workout For Women
Description: Repeat this circuit 3 times and rest for 60 seconds between sets.
Equipment: jump rope
WARM UP & COOL DOWN
Lower Body Beginner Workout For Women Instructions
1. Jump rope: 60 seconds. Jump with both feet at the same time, one foot at a time, alternating between feet … whatever works best for you.
2. Squat kickback: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Squat and, as you stand up, transfer your weight to one side and kick back with the opposite leg. Repeat for 30 seconds and then switch sides.
3. Reverse lunge front kick: 20 seconds + 20 seconds. Step back with your left leg and lunge. As you come up kick your left leg up. Repeat for 20 seconds and then switch sides.
4. High knees: 60 seconds. Bring your knees up to waist level and then slowly land on the balls of your feet.
5. Glute bridge: 30 seconds. Lie on your back with your knees bent. Lift your hips off the mat and squeeze your glutes.
From the Shop
6. Clamshell: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Lie on one side with your knees slightly bent and one leg on top of the other. Keep your feet together and lift your top knee up until it’s parallel with your hip.
7. Donkey kicks: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Get on your hands and knees with your hands under your shoulders and your knees under your hips. Kick back with one leg and squeeze the glutes.
8. Side shuffle: 45 seconds. Start in an athletic position, with your knees slightly bent and your hips back. Take a few quick steps to the right and then touch your right foot. Repeat on the left side.
9. Single leg deadlift: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Stand on one leg with your knee slightly bent. Start bending at the hips, until your torso is parallel to the floor, and extend your free leg behind you.
Workout Routine Interval Timer
Calorie CalculatorEnter your weight to find out how many calories you can burn doing this lower body beginner workout for women:
The secret to burning calories and ultimately losing weight is to maximize the efficiency of your energy systems. This 20-Minute Metabolism …
Work your legs and booty from all angles with this 29-minute bodyweight workout. A lower body and cardio routine that will help you sculpt long and lean muscles and burn off body fat …