Try this lower body and cardio workout, part of the Bikini Body Edition, to tighten your core, tone your legs and sculpt a sexy beach bum. Grab a set of dumbbells, turn on the music and start the countdown to your best summer body!
LOWER BODY AND CARDIO WORKOUT
LOWER BODY AND CARDIO WORKOUT INSTRUCTIONS
Start this lower body and cardio workout with a quick warm up routine.
Repeat the first 5 exercises 3 times, rest for 60 seconds and then repeat the remaining 5 exercises 3 times.
1. Lunge back kick: 60 seconds. Start with your feet hip-width apart, take a step to the front with your right leg, and lunge. As you come back up, kick your right leg back and squeeze the glutes. Return to the starting position and repeat with the left leg.
2. Side plank front kick: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Get down in a side plank position, with your bottom knee bent and on the mat and with your top leg extended. Lift your top leg at hip height and kick it slowly to the front, without moving your upper body. Bring your leg back, repeat for 30 seconds and switch sides.
3. Side plank hip abduction: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. While in a side plank position, lift your top leg as high as possible and then lower it back down.
4. Romanian deadlift: 60 seconds. Stand up with your feet shoulder-width apart and hold a dumbbell in each hand. Push your hips back and lower the dumbbells, while keeping your legs straight or only slightly bent. Return to the starting position and repeat for 60 seconds.
5. Booty squeeze: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Get down on your hands and knees, place a dumbbell behind your right knee, flex your right foot, and raise your leg out to the side until the knee is parallel to the floor. Bring your right foot toward the left glute and squeeze the glutes. Bring your right knee back to the initial position, repeat for 30 seconds and switch sides.
6. Rolling squats: 45 seconds. Stand up at the front of the mat with your feet shoulder width apart. Bend your knees and press your hips back until the glutes touch the mat. Roll back with your knees bent and then roll forward into the squat position and stand back up.
7. High knees: 45 seconds. Bring your knees quickly up to waist level and then land on the balls of the feet.
8. Quick feet: 45 seconds. Start in an athletic position with your feet shoulder-width apart and your hips low. Push through the balls of your feet and run in place quickly.
9. Skaters: 45 seconds. Lean forward, jump to the right, bring your left foot behind you, and bring your left arm in front of you. Jump to the left, bring your right arm in front of you and your right foot behind you. Repeat this back and forth movement for 45 seconds.
10. Squat thrust: 45 seconds. Stand straight with your feet shoulder-width apart. Squat and place your hands in front of your feet. Jump back and get into a push-up position. Jump again, bringing the legs toward your palms and stand up.
Complete this lower body and cardio workout with a set of static stretches.
Enter your weight to find out how many calories you can burn doing this lower body and cardio workout:
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.