Work your hips, quads, hamstrings and calves with these 10 leg and thigh exercises for women. This lower body workout is designed to strengthen your muscles, tone your thighs and sculpt your legs!
LEG AND THIGH EXERCISES FOR WOMEN
LEGS & THIGHS BIKINI BODY WORKOUT INSTRUCTIONS
Start this legs and thighs workout routine with a thorough lower body warm up.
Repeat this circuit 3 times and rest for 60 seconds between sets.
1. Jump rope: 60 seconds. Rotate your wrists to swing the rope and jump on the balls of your feet.
2. Standing open the gate: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Lift your knee up to waist level and then move it out to the side. Return to the starting position and repeat.
3. Gate swings: 45 seconds. Start in a sumo squat position and jump up, crossing your legs. Jump again and return to the sumo squat position.
4. Back leg lifts: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Get down on all fours and extend one leg behind you. Lift the leg to hip level and then slowly lower it back down.
5. Split squat: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Stand with one leg forward and one leg back. Flex your knees and lower your hips, until the back knee is just above the floor.
6. Quick feet: 45 seconds. Start in an athletic position, with your hips low and back. Push through the balls of your feet and run in place quickly.
7. Fire hydrant: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Get down on your hands and knees and raise one leg up and out to the side, until it’s level with your hip. Lower the leg and repeat.
8. Side to side squats: 60 seconds. Stand up, press your hips back and squat. Take a small step to the side and squat again.
9. Single leg deadlift: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Stand on one leg with your knee slightly bent. Start bending at the hips and extend your free leg behind you.
10. Plie wall sit: 30 seconds. Start with your back against a wall, your thighs parallel to the floor and lift your heels off the floor. Hold this position for 30 seconds.
Relax and stretch your lower body with this set of static stretches.
Enter your weight to find out how many calories you can burn doing these leg and thigh exercises for women:
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.