Tone up your upper arms and shave off your “bat wings” with the help of this 17-minute tricep workout! A quick routine that includes our selection of the 10 best triceps exercises you can do at home to sculpt sleek, sexy and strong arms!
AT HOME TRICEPS WORKOUT FOR WOMEN
TRICEPS WORKOUT INSTRUCTIONS
Start this triceps workout for women with an upper body warm up routine.
Repeat this circuit 2 times and rest for 60 seconds between sets.
1. Lying triceps extension: 45 seconds. Lie on your back with your knees bent and a dumbbell in each hand. Extend your arms and position the dumbbells directly above your shoulders. Bend your elbows and bring the dumbbells down until they’re close to your ears. Lift the dumbbells back up and repeat for 45 seconds.
2. One arm triceps push up: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Lie on your right side with your feet, hips and shoulders stacked. Place your left palm on the mat in front of your right shoulder, and hug your waist with your right arm. Straighten your left arm and push your torso up. Bend your arm and lower your torso back to the mat. Repeat for 30 seconds and then switch sides.
3. Hindu push ups: 45 seconds. Start in a downward dog pose, bend your elbows and lower your chest until it’s just above the floor. Straighten your arms, lift your torso and go into upward dog pose. Lower your torso, lift your hips and return to downward dog pose.
4. Tricep dips: 45 seconds. Place your hands behind you onto a chair, so that your fingers face forward. Extend your legs and start bending your elbows, until your arms are at a 90-degree angle. Return to the starting position and repeat.
5. One arm triceps kickback: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Grab a dumbbell with your right hand, place your left foot forward and your right foot back, bend your left knee and lean your torso forward. Raise your right elbow back, so that the upper arm is almost parallel to the floor, and kick back until your arm is fully extended. Slowly lower the dumbbell back to the starting position. Repeat for 30 seconds and switch sides.
6. Dumbbell chest press: 45 seconds. Lie on your back with your knees bent and a dumbbell in each hand. Push the dumbbells up toward the ceiling so that your arms are directly over your shoulders and your palms are facing your feet. Lower your arms and repeat.
7. Squat with overhead triceps extension: 45 seconds. Stand holding a dumbbell in each hand and raise your arms up and over your head. Squat until your thighs are parallel to the floor, and lower the dumbbells. Stand up, lift the dumbbells over your head, bend your elbows and lower the dumbbells to the back. Repeat.
8. Butterfly dips: 45 seconds. Sit on the mat with your feet together, place your hands behind you with your fingers facing forward, bend your knees and let your thighs fall open. Straighten your arms as you press your hips up and bring both knees together. Bend your elbows, lower your body back to the starting position and repeat.
9. Elbow squeeze shoulder press: 45 seconds. Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart, hold a dumbbell in each hand, and raise the dumbbells until your upper arms are parallel to the floor and your elbows are directly under the wrists. Bring the elbows and forearms toward the midline of the body and then return to the starting position. Push the dumbbells up and fully extend your arms. Return to the starting position and repeat for 45 seconds.
10. Speed bag punches: 45 seconds. Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart, your knees slightly bent, raise your elbows to shoulder level and keep your hands at eye level. Shift your weight to the right leg and rotate your right forearm twice. Then shift your weight to the left leg and rotate your left forearm twice. Keep switching sides for 45 seconds.
Finish this triceps workout with an upper body stretching routine.
Enter your weight to find out how many calories you can burn doing this triceps workout for women: