Train your entire body and boost your metabolism with this high-intensity workout for women. This circuit helps you build a healthier heart and kicks your body’s repair cycle into high gear, helping you burn more calories during and up to 24 hours after the workout is over.
29-Minute High Intensity Workout
Description: Repeat this circuit 3 times and rest for 60 seconds between sets.
Equipment: jump rope, dumbbells
WARM UP & COOL DOWN
29-Minute High Intensity Workout Instructions
1. Jump rope: 45 seconds. Rotate your wrists to swing the rope and jump with both feet at the same time.
2. Seated knee tucks: 60 seconds. Sit with your hands on the mat, your legs fully extended and lean back. Bend your legs and bring your knees toward your chest. Hold for a second or two and then fully extend your legs without touching the mat.
3. Gate swings: 45 seconds. Start with your feet in a wide stance, your toes pointing out to the sides and your thighs parallel to the floor. Jump up crossing your legs and then jump again, uncrossing them.
4. Dumbbell lateral raise: 60 seconds. Grab a set of dumbbells and stand with your palms facing down. Lift the dumbbells and raise your arms out to the sides. Once your elbows are atvshoulder height, pause, and then slowly lower the arms to the initial position.
5. Butt kicks: 45 seconds. Kick your feet up, until the heels touch the glutes, and pump your arms at the same time.
From the Shop
6. Deadlift upright row: 60 seconds. Grab a set of dumbbells and hold them in front of your thighs. Push your hips back and lower the dumbbells until your torso is parallel to the floor. Stand up and pull the dumbbells toward your chest, keeping your arms a little wider than shoulder width apart.
7. Crab kicks: 45 seconds. Sit on the mat with your knees bent, feet together and place your hands behind you with your fingers facing backward. Lift your hips off the mat and kick your right leg up. Switch legs and keep alternating legs for 45 seconds.
8. Triangle crunch: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Kneel on your left knee, extend your right leg to the side, place your left hand on the floor and place your right hand behind your head. Bring your right knee toward your right elbow and squeeze. Return to the starting position, repeat for 30 seconds, and then switch sides.
9. Alternating plank row leg raise: 45 seconds. Get into a plank position and hold a dumbbell in each hand. Pull the right dumbbell toward your waistline, squeeze the shoulder blades and then repeat on the left side. Lift your right leg as high as you can without arching your back, hold for one second and then repeat with the left leg. Repeat.
10. Front and back lunges: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Stand with your feet hip-width apart, take a step forward and then slowly bend both knees until your back knee is just above the floor. Stand back up, take a step back with the same leg, and bend both knees until your back knee is just above the floor. Repeat this back and forth movement for 30 seconds, and then switch legs.
Workout Routine Interval Timer
Calorie CalculatorEnter your weight to find out how many calories you can burn doing this high intensity workout:
The secret to burning calories and ultimately losing weight is to maximize the efficiency of your energy systems. This 20-Minute Metabolism …
Work your legs and booty from all angles with this 29-minute bodyweight workout. A lower body and cardio routine that will help you sculpt long and lean muscles and burn off body fat …