Jumpstart your weight loss and sculpt sleek, sexy arms and shoulders with this high-intensity upper body workout. A mix of cardio and strength training moves designed to burn off fat fast!
HIGH INTENSITY UPPER BODY WORKOUT
HIGH INTENSITY UPPER BODY WORKOUT INSTRUCTIONS
Start this high intensity workout for women with a quick warm up routine.
Repeat this circuit 3 times and rest for 60 seconds between sets.
1. Jump rope: 45 seconds. Rotate your wrists to swing the rope and jump on the balls of your feet.
2. Butterfly dips: 45 seconds. Sit on the mat with your feet together, bend your knees and let your thighs fall open. Straighten your arms as you press your hips up and bring both knees together. Bend your elbows and lower your body back to the starting position.
3. Reverse lunge shoulder press: 45 seconds. Stand holding a dumbbell in each hand. Position the dumbbells at shoulder height, take a step back with your left leg and lunge. Stand back up, lift your left knee and push the dumbbells up. Switch legs and repeat.
4. Cross chest curl: 60 seconds. Roll your shoulders back, squeeze the left biceps, and bring the dumbbell across your body and toward your right shoulder. Repeat with the right arm and keep alternating sides for 60 seconds.
5. Lawnmower pull: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Hold a dumbbell in your left hand, squat, rotate your torso to the right and bring the dumbbell toward your right foot. Stand up, rotate your torso slightly to the left, and raise the dumbbell until it’s close to your left shoulder. Repeat for 30 seconds and then switch sides.
6. Shoulder to shoulder press: 60 seconds. Hold a dumbbell with both hands in front of your right shoulder. Extend your arms and push the dumbbell up and over your head. Bend your elbows and slowly lower the weight to your left shoulder.
7. Squat curl: 45 seconds. Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart and hold a dumbbell in each hand. Bend your knees, press your hips back, squeeze the biceps and lift the dumbbells. Press your heels into the floor to return to the initial position, and slowly lower the arms.
8. One arm tricep push up: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Lie on your right side, place your left palm on the mat and hug your waist with your right arm. Straighten your left arm and push your torso up. Bend your arm and lower your torso back to the mat. Repeat for 30 seconds and then switch sides.
9. Plank straight arm kickback: 45 seconds. Grab a set of dumbbells and get into plank position. Lift your left arm up and back, keeping it straight, and then lower it back to the starting position. Switch arms and repeat.
10. Bicep curls: 60 seconds. Keep your upper arms stationary, maintain your elbows close to your body and breathe out as you lift the dumbbells.
Finish this high intensity workout with an upper body stretching routine.
Enter your weight to find out how many calories you can burn doing this high intensity upper body workout: