Target the muscles along the back of your thighs and lift your booty with these 10 hamstring exercises for women! Push slowly through the heels to take the stress away from the quads and you’ll love how tight the back of your legs feel at the end of this hamstring workout!
AT HOME HAMSTRING WORKOUT
HAMSTRING WORKOUT INSTRUCTIONS
Start this hamstring workout with a lower body warm up.
Repeat this circuit 2 times and rest for 60 seconds between sets.
1. Romanian deadlift: 45 seconds. Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart and a dumbbell in each hand. Push your hips back, lower the dumbbells, return to the starting position and repeat.
2. Single leg deadlift: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Stand on one leg with your knee slightly bent. Start bending at the hips, extend your free leg behind you and lower your torso until you’re parallel to the floor. Return to the starting position, repeat for 30 seconds and switch legs.
3. Heel beats: 45 seconds. Lie on your stomach with your legs fully extended, hands under your chin and raise your legs a few inches off the floor. Beat the heels together for 45 seconds.
4. Lunge back kick: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Start with your feet hip-width apart, take a step to the front with your right leg and lunge. As you come back up, kick your right leg back and squeeze the glutes. Return to the starting position, repeat for 30 seconds and then switch leg positions.
5. Pilates grasshopper: 45 seconds. Lie on your stomach with your hands under your chin, your knees wide apart, the legs bent, and bring your feet together. Point the feet toward the ceiling and raise your thighs off the floor as high as you can. Lower your thighs back to the floor and repeat the exercise for 45 seconds.
6. Bulgarian split squat: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Place a step or a box behind you, position your right foot on top of the step, bend your knees and lower the hips until your left thigh is parallel to the floor. Straighten the knees to return to the starting position, repeat for 30 seconds and then switch legs.
7. Hamstring curls: 45 seconds. Lie on your stomach with your legs fully extended, chest up and your hands under your chest. Bend your knees, curl your legs up and squeeze the glutes. Lower and straighten the legs and repeat for 45 seconds.
8. Front and back lunges: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Stand with your feet hip-width apart, take a step forward and then slowly bend both knees until your back knee is just above the floor. Stand back up, take a step back with the same leg, and bend both knees until your back knee is just above the floor. Repeat this back and forth movement for 30 seconds, and then switch legs.
9. Plank leg lifts: 45 seconds. Get into plank position, lift your left leg to a 45-degree angle and hold for 2 seconds. Switch legs and repeat.
10. Dumbbell swing: 45 seconds. Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart, your toes pointed slightly outward, and hold a dumbbell with both hands. Squat and bring the dumbbell between your legs. Stand up and swing the dumbbell up to about chest height. Return to the squat position and repeat for 45 seconds.
Finish this hamstring workout with a lower body stretching routine.
Enter your weight to find out how many calories you can burn doing this hamstring workout:
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.