Relax the mind, boost your flexibility and improve joint range of motion with this set of full body stretching exercises. A 7-minute cool down routine to prevent muscle soreness and stretch your whole body!
Full Body Stretching Exercises
Description: Repeat this circuit 1 time.
Equipment: no equipment
Full Body Stretching Exercises Instructions
1. Child’s pose: 30 seconds. Sit down on your heels and stretch your arms in front of you. Relax and feel the tension fading away.
2. Ab stretch: 30 seconds. Lie face down on your mat with your arms in a push up position. Straighten your arms slowly, until you feel the stretch in your abs, and then hold.
3. Cat-cow stretch: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Get on your hands and knees, drop your head, and round your back and neck by pulling your abs in. Hold for 30 seconds and then lift your head and round your back down toward the floor.
4. Hip stretch: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Sit on the floor, bend your left knee and cross your left leg over the right. Place your left hand on the floor and rotate your upper body to the left. Repeat on the opposite side.
5. Bound angle pose: 30 seconds. Bend your knees, press the soles of your feet together and drop your knees out to the sides.
From the Shop
6. Lower back stretch: 30 seconds. Lie down on your back and then slowly pull your knees toward the chest.
7. Standing forward bend: 30 seconds. Get up, straighten your knees and bend forward by rotating your hip joints. Grab the back of your ankles and hold.
8. Low lunge pose: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Kneel on your left leg and bend your right leg in front of you at a 90-degree angle. Shift your weight forward and feel the stretch in your left hip.
9. Obliques stretch: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Stand up, raise your left arm and lean your torso to the right until you feel the stretch in the obliques. Hold for 30 seconds and then switch sides.
10. Clasp hand forward fold: 30 seconds. Clasp your hands behind your back, rotate your hands, bend forward and raise your arms, until you feel the stretch in your biceps and chest.