Increase your flexibility with this set of full body dynamic stretching exercises. A 10-minute warm up routine for women, complete with music playlist, calorie calculator, and interval timer.
Dynamic Stretching Routine For Women
Description: Repeat this circuit 1 time.
Equipment: no equipment
Dynamic Stretching Routine For Women Instructions
1. Neck rolls: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. This dynamic stretch relaxes and stretches your neck muscles as well as your cervical spine.
2. Shoulder rolls: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. This exercise removes all stress and tension from your shoulders and improves circulation in the joint.
3. Big arm circles: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Circle forward and then backward or improve your coordination by circling your arms in opposite directions.
4. Arm swings: 30 seconds. This exercise stretches the shoulders, arms, chest and upper back.
5. Wrist circles: 30 seconds. If you’re planning on doing push ups, pull ups or lifting weights, be sure to properly warm up your wrists to prevent injuries.
From the Shop
6. Bent over twist: 60 seconds. This exercise warms up and rotates your body, moving it through the transverse plane of motion.
7. Hip circles: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Keep your legs straight and your head still, only your hips should move.
8. Forward leg swings: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Swing each leg forward and backward to properly warm up and stretch your hips.
9. Lateral leg swings: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Swing your legs from side to side and keep your upper body stationary.
10. Knee circles: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Maintain your knees and feet together and stay within a comfortable range of motion. Remember that you want to warm up the knees, not overstrain the joints.
Workout Routine Interval Timer
Calorie CalculatorEnter your weight to find out how many calories you can burn doing this dynamic stretching routine:
The secret to burning calories and ultimately losing weight is to maximize the efficiency of your energy systems. This 20-Minute Metabolism …
Work your legs and booty from all angles with this 29-minute bodyweight workout. A lower body and cardio routine that will help you sculpt long and lean muscles and burn off body fat …