Increase your flexibility with this set of full body dynamic stretching exercises. A 10-minute warm up routine for women, complete with music playlist, calorie calculator, and interval timer.
FULL BODY DYNAMIC STRETCHING ROUTINE
DYNAMIC STRETCHING ROUTINE INSTRUCTIONS
1. Neck rolls: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. This dynamic stretch relaxes and stretches your neck muscles as well as your cervical spine.
2. Shoulder rolls: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. This exercise removes all stress and tension from your shoulders and improves circulation in the joint.
3. Big arm circles: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Circle forward and then backward or improve your coordination by circling your arms in opposite directions.
4. Arm swings: 30 seconds. This exercise stretches the shoulders, arms, chest and upper back.
5. Wrist circles: 30 seconds. If you’re planning on doing push ups, pull ups or lifting weights, be sure to properly warm up your wrists to prevent injuries.
6. Bent over twist: 60 seconds. This exercise warms up and rotates your body, moving it through the transverse plane of motion.
7. Hip circles: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Keep your legs straight and your head still, only your hips should move.
8. Forward leg swings: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Swing each leg forward and backward to properly warm up and stretch your hips.
9. Lateral leg swings: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Swing your legs from side to side and keep your upper body stationary.
10. Knee circles: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Maintain your knees and feet together and stay within a comfortable range of motion. Remember that you want to warm up the knees, not overstrain the joints.
11. Ankle circles: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. This dynamic stretch opens your ankle joints, helps to relieve stress and prevents injuries.
To further increase your flexibility, finish this dynamic stretching routine with a set of static stretches.
Enter your weight to find out how many calories you can burn doing this dynamic stretching routine: