Flatten your belly, burn fat and strengthen your core with these killer tummy toning exercises. This flat abs workout routine for women combines cardio and strength training moves to boost your metabolism and get the most out of the time you spend working out.
FLAT ABS WORKOUT FOR WOMEN
FLAT ABS WORKOUT INSTRUCTIONS
Start this flat abs workout with a quick warm up routine.
Repeat this circuit 3 times and rest for 60 seconds between sets.
1. Run in place: 60 seconds. Stand straight, open your chest, pull your knees up and slowly land on the balls of your feet.
2. Roll up: 60 seconds. Lie down with your legs straight and your arms extended. Slowly lift your torso up and then return to the starting position by rolling down one vertebra at a time.
3. Scissor kicks: 45 seconds. Place your hands underneath your glutes, lift your legs and alternate crossing your feet on top of each other.
4. Standing side crunch: 60 seconds. Stand with your knees slightly bent, your feet hip-width apart and your hands behind your head. Shift your weight to the left leg, crunch to the right side and bring your right knee up toward your elbow. Switch sides and repeat.
5. Seated knee tucks: 45 seconds. Sit down with your hands on the mat, your legs fully extended and lean back. Bend your legs and bring your knees toward your chest, hold and then fully extend your legs without touching the mat.
6. Bird dogs: 60 seconds. Start on your hands and knees with the hands under the shoulders and the knees under the hips. Extend one leg and the opposite arm at the same time and pause. Switch sides and repeat.
7. Spiderman plank: 30 seconds. Start in a low plank position and bring your right knee to your right elbow. Extend your right leg back and repeat with the left leg.
8. Wood chop: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart and hold a dumbbell with both hands. Rotate your torso to the right and raise the dumbbell until it’s over the right shoulder. Squat as you rotate your torso to the left, and bring the dumbbell diagonally across the body until it’s close to your left hip. Repeat for 30 seconds and then switch sides.
9. Toe touch: 30 seconds. Lie on your back holding a dumbbell and lift your legs until they’re perpendicular to the floor. Extend your arms, lift your shoulders off the floor and try touching your feet with the dumbbell.
10. Side plank: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Lie on your side with your body fully extended. Lift your body off the mat and balance your weight between the forearm and the side of the foot. Keep your body in a straight line and hold for 30 seconds. Change sides and repeat.
Stretch your entire core with this set of static stretches.
Enter your weight to find out how many calories you can burn doing this flat abs workout: