Your core supports your spine and your pelvis, and having a tight, strong core enables you to perform exercises with proper form. This 18-minute core workout targets your stomach, back, and butt and helps to slim down your waist, flattens the belly and improves posture and balance.
Core Workout To Tighten & Strengthen Your Core
Description: Repeat this circuit 2 times and rest for 60 seconds between sets.
WARM UP & COOL DOWN
Core Workout For Women Instructions
1. Bird dogs: 45 seconds. Get down on your hands and knees with the hands under the shoulders and the knees under the hips. Extend one leg and the opposite arm at the same time. Pause for 3 to 5 seconds, return to the starting position and switch sides.
2. Downward dog crunch: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Start in downward dog pose with your arms and legs straight and your hips up and back. Bring your right knee close to your right elbow and crunch. Extend your right leg up and to the back. Repeat for 30 seconds and then switch sides.
3. Dead bug: 45 seconds. Lie on your back and extend your arms and legs toward the ceiling. Lower your right leg and extend your left arm behind your head. Return to the starting position and repeat with the opposite arm and leg. Keep switching sides for 45 seconds.
4. Side plank rotation: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Start in a side plank position, with your right shoulder over your elbow, your body in a straight line and reach your left hand toward the ceiling. Twist your torso forward and slowly place your left arm under your body. Repeat for 30 seconds and then switch sides.
5. Burpees: 45 seconds. Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart. Squat and place your hands in front of your feet. Jump back until your body is in plank position, do a push up, and jump forward to return to the starting position.
From the Shop
6. Dumbbell leg loop: 45 seconds. Grab a dumbbell with your right hand, sit on the floor with your legs fully extended, lean your torso back, and lift your legs a few inches off the floor. Drive your right knee up toward the chest, and loop the dumbbell under the right knee and to the left hand. Switch legs and repeat.
7. Spiderman plank: 45 seconds. Start in a low plank position with your body in a straight line, your elbows bent and under your shoulders and with your feet hip-width apart. Bring your right knee to your right elbow. Extend your right leg back and return to the starting position. Repeat on the left side and keep alternating legs for 45 seconds.
8. Donkey kick twist: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Get down on your hands and knees, with the hands under the shoulders and the knees under the hips, and place your right hand behind your head. Extend your left leg to the back and rotate your torso to the right. Bend your left leg, bring your right elbow toward your left knee, and crunch. Repeat for 30 seconds, and switch sides.
9. Plank jacks: 45 seconds. Start in a push up position with your feet together. Hop your feet as far as you can and land softly on your toes. Jump again to bring your feet back together and repeat.
10. Core control rear lunge: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Get up, grab a dumbbell with your right hand and extend your left arm out to the side, until it’s parallel with the floor. Step back with your left leg, lunge, extend your right arm up and rotate your palm forward. As you stand up, bend your left leg, lift the knee as high as you can, bring the right elbow toward the left knee, and rotate your palm so that it faces your body. Repeat for 30 seconds and then switch sides.
Workout Routine Interval Timer
Calorie CalculatorEnter your weight to find out how many calories you can burn doing this core workout:
Move quickly from one exercise to the next while performing this 15-Minute Abs & Obliques Superset. Supersets help you finish your …
Practicing yoga and meditation regularly reduces stress and anxiety levels. By transferring our focus and attention to our body and our breath …