Finish your core workout with this static stretching routine. Abs, obliques and lower back stretches to increase your flexibility and release all tension. Start the timer, play the music and relax!
CORE STATIC STRETCHING EXERCISES
CORE STRETCHING INSTRUCTIONS
WARM UP AND WORKOUT
1. Child’s pose: 30 seconds. Sit down on your heels and stretch your arms in front of you. Relax and feel the tension fading away.
2. Ab stretch: 30 seconds. Lie face down on your mat with your arms in a push up position. Straighten your arms slowly, until you feel the stretch in your abs, and then hold.
3. Cat cow stretch: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Drop your head and round your back and neck by pulling your abs in. Hold for 30 seconds and then lift your head and round your back down toward the floor.
4. Hip stretch: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Bend your left knee and cross your left leg over the right. Place your left hand on the floor and rotate your upper body to the left. Repeat on the opposite side.
5. Lower back stretch: 30 seconds. Lie down on your back and then slowly pull your knees toward the chest.
6. Obliques stretch: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Stand up, raise your left arm and lean your torso to the right until you feel the stretch in the obliques. Hold and repeat on the opposite side.
7. Standing forward bend: 30 seconds. Exhale as you slowly rotate your hips and lower your torso. Try touching the back of your ankles, keep your knees straight and hold.
Enter your weight to find out how many calories you can burn doing these static stretching exercises: