Finish your core workout with this static stretching routine. Abs, obliques, and lower back stretches to increase your flexibility and release all tension. Start the timer, play the music, and relax!
Core Static Stretching Routine
Description: Repeat this circuit 1 time.
Equipment: no equipment
Core Static Stretching Routine Instructions
1. Child’s pose: 30 seconds. Sit down on your heels and stretch your arms in front of you. Relax and feel the tension fading away.
2. Ab stretch: 30 seconds. Lie face down on your mat with your arms in a push up position. Straighten your arms slowly, until you feel the stretch in your abs, and then hold.
3. Cat cow stretch: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Drop your head and round your back and neck by pulling your abs in. Hold for 30 seconds and then lift your head and round your back down toward the floor.
4. Hip stretch: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Bend your left knee and cross your left leg over the right. Place your left hand on the floor and rotate your upper body to the left. Repeat on the opposite side.
From the Shop
5. Lower back stretch: 30 seconds. Lie down on your back and then slowly pull your knees toward the chest.
6. Obliques stretch: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Stand up, raise your left arm and lean your torso to the right until you feel the stretch in the obliques. Hold and repeat on the opposite side.
7. Standing forward bend: 30 seconds. Exhale as you slowly rotate your hips and lower your torso. Try touching the back of your ankles, keep your knees straight and hold.
Workout Routine Interval Timer
Calorie CalculatorEnter your weight to find out how many calories you can burn doing these static stretching exercises:
Did you know that dormant or inactive glutes are probably the main reason why most people struggle to grow their booty? If this is you …
Awaken the body and prepare for a workout with this energizing yoga warm up flow. Repeat this sequence for 3 rounds, give yourself …