Boost your metabolism, trim your waist and improve your fitness level with this core and cardio beginner bodyweight workout. 3 sets of 10 different exercises to target your core and burn body fat.
CORE AND CARDIO BEGINNER BODYWEIGHT WORKOUT
CORE AND CARDIO WORKOUT INSTRUCTIONS
Start this core and cardio workout with a thorough warm up routine.
Repeat this circuit 3 times and rest for 60 seconds between sets.
1. Jump rope: 60 seconds. Hold the rope while keeping your hands at hip level. Rotate your wrists to swing the rope and jump.
2. Cross crunches: 20 seconds + 20 seconds. Lie flat on the mat with your knees bent and cross your right leg on top of the left knee. Crunch and bring your left elbow across your body and toward the right knee. Repeat for 20 seconds and then switch sides.
3. Pulse ups: 30 seconds. Lift your legs and place your hands under your tailbone. Lift your hips, hold for 2 seconds and repeat.
4. Fingertip to toe jacks: 60 seconds. Stand with your feet hip-width apart and your hands by your sides. Bend your left leg and lift your foot as high as you can. Slightly rotate your torso to the left and try touching your left foot with your right hand. Repeat on the opposite side and keep alternating sides.
5. Standing mountain climbers: 60 seconds. Bring your right knee up to waist level and extend your left arm over your head. Repeat with the left leg and right arm.
6. Dead bug: 30 seconds. Lie on your back and extend your arms and legs toward the ceiling. Lower your left leg and extend your right arm behind your head. Switch sides and repeat.
7. Heel touchers: 30 seconds. Crunch forward and to the right, touching your right heel with your right hand and hold. Repeat the movement on the left side.
8. Inchworm: 45 seconds. Stand straight with your feet shoulder-width apart, bend at the waist and walk your hands out as far as you can. Walk back up and repeat.
9. Alternating superman: 30 seconds. Lie face down on a mat, with your arms and legs fully extended. Lift one arm and the opposite leg off the floor, by arching your back. Hold for a count of 2 and repeat with the opposite arm and leg.
10. Side plank: 20 seconds + 20 seconds. Lie on your side with your body fully extended. Lift your body off the mat and balance your weight between the forearm and the side of the foot. Keep your body in a straight line and hold for 20 seconds. Change sides and repeat.
Stretch your muscles and relax your body with a core stretching routine.
Enter your weight to find out how many calories you can burn doing this core and cardio beginner bodyweight workout:
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.