When you think of exercises for the perfect hourglass shape, odds are, you’re thinking of waist-slimming moves. A small waist is definitely the goal, but you can boost your results by adding some booty-building moves. This Core & Booty Workout pairs both types of moves, which is ideal if you’re trying to sculpt your shape by building up the right muscle groups throughout the body!
At Home Core & Booty Workout
Description: Repeat this circuit 2 times and rest for 60 seconds between sets.
WARM UP & COOL DOWN
At Home Core & Booty Workout Instructions
1. Side lunge to leg lift: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Stand with your feet hip-width apart, step out to the side with your right leg, bend your right knee and push your hips back. Stand back up, switch your weight to the left leg and lift your right leg out to the side. Return to the lunge position, repeat, then switch leg positions.
2. Single leg squat kickback: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Start with your feet a little wider than shoulder-width apart, transfer your weight to your right leg and lift the left foot off the floor. Bend your right knee, lower your hips back and squat. Stand up and kick your left leg back. Return to the starting position, repeat for 30 seconds, then switch legs.
3. Bridge and twist: 45 seconds. Sit on the mat with your knees bent and your arms extended back. Lift your butt off the mat, extend your right arm toward the ceiling and twist your torso to the left. Lower the hips, return to the starting position and repeat on the opposite side.
4. Plank leg extension pulses: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Start in a plank position, extend your left leg back and lift it as high as you can without arching your back. Lower the leg only a few inches and start pulsing it up and down. Return to the starting position, repeat for 30 seconds, then switch legs.
From the Shop
5. Donkey kick twist: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Start on your hands and knees, with the hands under the shoulders and the knees under the hips, and place your right hand behind your head. Extend your left leg to the back and rotate your torso to the right. Bend your left leg, bring your right elbow toward your left knee, and crunch. Repeat for 30 seconds, then switch sides.
6. Reverse plank leg raises: 45 seconds. Sit on the mat with your legs extended and place your hands behind you. Kick your right leg up and, as you lower it back down, lift your hips and squeeze the glutes. Repeat with the opposite leg and keep alternating sides for 45 seconds.
7. Waist slimmer squat: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Stand straight with your feet shoulder-width apart and hold a dumbbell with both hands. Rotate your torso to the right, straighten your arms and raise the dumbbell until it’s parallel to the floor. Squat, as you rotate your torso to the left, and bring the dumbbell diagonally across the body until it’s close to your left hip. Repeat for 30 seconds and then switch sides.
8. Knee to elbow kickback: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Start in a low plank position, bring your right knee close to your right elbow and crunch. Extend your right leg behind you and kick back. Repeat for 30 seconds and then switch sides.