To maximize results and minimize the risk of injury, start your core workout with a 10 minute dynamic warm up. This beginner workout routine for women warms up your muscles and joints and gets them ready for maximum flexibility, which means you can perform each exercise with proper form.
CARDIO & CORE BEGINNER WARM UP
BEGINNER WORKOUT ROUTINE FOR WOMEN INSTRUCTIONS
1. Run in place: 60 seconds. Keep a fast pace and bring your left elbow forward at the same time as you bring your right knee up.
2. Jump rope: 60 seconds. Keep your knees slightly bent and jump on the balls of your feet.
3. Butt kicks: 60 seconds. Kick your feet up, until your heels touch the glutes, and pump your arms at the same time.
4. Stutter steps: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart, face front, extend your left leg back and raise your arms above your head. As you crunch, bring your left knee up and bend your arms. Repeat for 30 seconds and then switch sides.
5. Modified jumping jacks: 60 seconds. Start with your feet together and your hands by your sides. Take a step to one side and bring your hands above your head. Return to the starting position and repeat on the opposite side.
6. Criss cross crunches: 60 seconds. Stand with your feet hip-width apart and your hands behind your head. Bend your right leg and lift your knee as high as you can. Rotate your torso to the right and bring your right knee to your left elbow. Repeat on the opposite side and keep alternating sides until the set is complete.
7. Reverse lunge high kick: 60 seconds. Step back with your left leg and lunge. As you come up kick your left leg up. Repeat with the opposite leg and keep alternating sides.
8. Side to side squats: 60 seconds. Squat, take a small step to the side and squat again.
9. Bent over twist: 60 seconds. Bend and rotate your torso, touching each foot with the opposite hand.
10. Hip circles: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Start with small circles and keep your hips level with the floor.
WORKOUT AND STATIC STRETCHES
Enter your weight to find out how many calories you can burn doing this 10 minute beginner workout routine for women: