Tone, firm and round your lower body with this butt and thigh workout for women. 10 exercises that will thoroughly engage your glutes and thighs for an effective burnout style routine!
BUTT AND THIGH WORKOUT FOR WOMEN
LOWER BODY ROUTINE INSTRUCTIONS
Start this butt and thigh workout with a set of dynamic warm up exercises.
Repeat this circuit 3 times and rest for 60 seconds between sets.
1. High knees: 60 seconds. Bring your knees up to waist level and then slowly land on the balls of your feet.
2. Front and back lunges: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Stand with your feet hip-width apart, take a step forward with your right leg and slowly bend both knees. Stand back up, take a step back with your right leg and lunge. Repeat for 30 seconds and then switch legs.
3. Back leg lifts: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Start on all fours and extend one leg behind you. Lift the leg to hip level and then slowly lower it back down.
4. Quick feet: 45 seconds. Start in an athletic position with your feet shoulder-width apart and your hips low. Run in place quickly and push through the balls of your feet.
5. Romanian deadlift: 45 seconds. Hold a dumbbell in each hand, keep your legs straight or only slightly bent and, as you lower the dumbbells, push your hips back.
6. Sumo squat: 45 seconds. Stand with your feet in a wide stance and your toes pointing out to the sides. Bend your knees, press your hips back and, once your thighs are parallel to the floor, come back up and repeat.
7. Side lunge: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Start with your feet hip-width apart, step out to the side with your right leg and transfer your weight to that leg. Use your left foot to push you back to the starting position, repeat for 30 seconds and switch legs.
8. Heisman: 45 seconds. Stand with your knees slightly bent, jump onto your right foot and pull your left knee up and toward your right shoulder. Jump onto your left foot and pull your right knee up and toward your left shoulder. Keep jumping between feet until the set is complete.
9. Hamstring curls: 45 seconds. Lie on your stomach with your legs fully extended, chest up and your hands under your chest. Bend your knees, curl your legs up and squeeze the glutes.
10. Step up with knee raise: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Place a box or a step in front of you and stand up straight. Step onto the box with your left leg and drive your right knee up. Step down, repeat for 30 seconds and switch legs.
Relax and stretch your muscles with this lower body stretching routine.
Enter your weight to find out how many calories you can burn doing this butt and thigh workout:
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.